Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Is there a way to change or turndown the volume of the BLINKER???

just dont wear your seatbelt. when the seat belt warning comes on you wont hear the blinker, problem solved. Your Welcome.
  2. M

first service advice

Thanks for the input guys! Getting oil change and rotation right now. They are also going to do some recall on the cooling fan so it worked out alright.
  3. M

first service advice

Hey what's up guys. I'm at about 7000 miles on my 2012 explorer and I'm going to take it in soon for an oil change. What other services are due at this moment or should have been done? I'm thinking wheel rotations but I really don't know. Any help? Thanks
  4. M

2012 Driver Door Handle Sticking

Thanks for the reply cory. I've been trying to recreate the problem at the dealer but, naturally, it magically cures itself any where near a dealer. So guess I just have to wait for it to get worse so I can take it in :/
  5. M

Thanks for all the responses! Going to try this in the morning, if it doesnt work ill head over to the dealer like XBR200 did. thanks again.
  6. M

have about 1800 miles on our Ex, but recently i started noticing that when we open the door, sometimes the handle does not close all the way, and just sticks half way open. I am pretty sure i am gentle with the door, and My wife is even more precatious than i am. has this happened to any one...
  7. M

Unexpected high odometer

I also had this issue. Very surprised at my milage in a month or two.. But i guess it must be just that, we love it and want to take it everywhere. Although an odo issue would be cool.
  8. M

California Explorer Spottings

been seeing a tan (i think) 2012 ex with pin stripping at saddleback church, lake forest. Will post pics next time I see it.
  9. M

4500 mile Road Trip Driving Impression

wow sounds like an amazing trip! Thanks for sharing!
  10. M

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Does it look like the same housing? If so that sounds good but might take some time before those parts hit a dealer
  11. M

Cost to paint 2011 EX??

anyone know the cost range for painting the gray exterior panels on the ex? and if you were to wrap the whole car, they cant do that plastic parts, can they?
  12. M

Are they white? and im assuming since you bring this up, they are the same part? also i thought about this before but with the edge. never been inside one but i figured they might have the same light but it would have to be white. and this isnt a real solution for people who want specific...
  13. M

Who owns this Ex?

anyone know how much a paint job for those lower panels would cost? really been thinking about doing this to my white ex
  14. M

So I looked into replacement of second and third row leds, but it doesn't look good. I consulted 3 people and a specialty shop who are familiar with leds and replacements but they all recommend not doing a switch because the soldering would be very difficult. The leds are soldered underneath the...
  15. M

This is what I want to know. Im pretty sure I can just pop off the ugly yellow ones and solder a nice yellow one. I asked my bro who is an electrician im waiting for a response and ill experiment on my lights and post a write up. They sell those tiny leds online and at some radio shacks. I...
  16. M

Thanks for the info guys, but has anyone actually changed the 3rd row led (yellow) to a brighter white led? And if so how did you go about changing it, thanks
  17. M

Changing Vanity light to LED

wow really cool pics! have you been able to test this on your X? i really want to do this to my wifes. thanks for the info on replacing the map lights, has anyone figured out how to replace the rest of the dome lights yet?
  18. M

Magnaflow Catback installed...

Nice thread! exhaust looks great but i personally think it sounds tacky. but ive never been a fan of magnaflow anyway. great detail and documentation of before and after, thanks!
  19. M

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

I want in! Hey im interested in this group buy, is it too late? I tried reading through the entire thread but too many posts. How do I get in this!? Thanks. I want to get the 3 row mats and cargos. Thanks! Oh and is the discount worth it im in CA
Back