Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Oil Found In Air Filter

OIL in air intake hose Went to go change my air cleaner and clean throttle body to find the hose that connects the air box to the throttle body had a large amount of oil in the hose. Is this normal? Thanks,
  2. B

K&N Intake

Do you need a tune when adding the CAI?
  3. B

Water Leak

The dealer is in the process of adding seam sealer to the existing seam sealer. They are still working on the car however, they gave me a loaner. regards,
  4. B

Popping, crack sound behind dash

I was told it is the characterisitics of the vehicle. What a shame right.
  5. B

Water Leak

Peter, WOW, I must of hit a sensitive area. Life is very short, sit back and have a beer. Regards, Bruce
  6. B

Water Leak

After taking out the panels as everything was soaked, I found where the leak is coming from. The water leaks onto the quarter trim panel then onto the seatbelt, then onto the floor. Looking inside the sheetmetal where all the panels meet the water is coming from the joint. The seam sealer on the...
  7. B

Water Leak

It rained hard last night and upon opening my rear hatch in the morning after the rain had passed, I noticed a puddle of water on my weather tech cargo liner. In addition the seat belt cloth was extremely wet. Went to dealer and they said they never saw this. I have an appointment on...
  8. B

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

Bobby/marks, Where did you get the Spare/Cargo well mat.
  9. B

Intermittent air bag warning indicator

Does anyone have a copy of the below TSB? 12-05-11 - INTERMITTENT AIR BAG WARNING INDICATOR - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 2/5/2012
  10. B

Here's my wind noise

Said to say the three layers of seals do not seal as well. After a rain, open your doors to get a cup of water on you shoes.
  11. B

Weathertech now has BOTH cargo liners?

I purchased the package a couple of months ago, including the rear cargo mat. They all look great an fit like a glove. If you need the use the third row you could roll up the rear cargo mat.
  12. B

Cracking noise when heater is on

So lets keep the post going. If you own a base model, do you hear a cracking poping sound only when the heat is on. If you do have this sound, go to the DEALER COMPLAIN AND HAVE IT DOCUMENTED. THIS IS NOT HOW A VEHICLE SHOULD SOUND.
  13. B

Does your base make cracking popping sounds when the heat is on

Looks like we are starting to get more people with the problem. Yes ford only says it is normal because this works to get people off their backs. Remember they propably told people the same for the A-Pillars, tin roof and so on. Cory is doing an excellent job getting us to people at...
  14. B

I am trying to get a running tab on how many people are having this problem.
  15. B

Does your base with no options make cracking popping sounds when the heat is on?
  16. B

2012 Base Radio

The base model with no options does for "free of charge" come with Cracking Popping sounds every 12 to 15 minutes from the fan control knob area only when the heat is on. It is a designed to make you feel like you are sitting in front of a fireplace. It also stops you from falling asleep on...
  17. B

2012 Explorer Base Instrument Cluster

I have the base as well. There really is not a main menu. The controls on the left is what you use to see the different options. I recommend you using the up and down arrows on the left of the steering wheel and see where it takes you. Then use the left and right arrows to manuever...
  18. B

MTZ, I believe that you were going to take a test ride with the dealer today concerning the Popping/Cracking sound coming from the FCIM when the heat is on. Any luck? Bruce
  19. B

paint underneath the roof rails / rail gutter

It is seam sealer under the paint. It is not designed for the consumer to put your nail into it.
  20. B

new front grill

It reminded me of a line from the movie "Heat of the night" They call me MR. Tibbs
  21. B

new front grill

George, They do not realise that Long Island is in New York. They should know better to mess with " The People from New York". Yeh!
  22. B

3rd Row Cargo Mat

I would go with the weather tech package. I have it and looks and fits the car nice. I have seen the Husky after a few years, and the edges start to curl.
  23. B

Went to the dealer today for the cracking popping sound coming from the FCIM. The dealer called Ford engineering, and the engineering group asked the dealer to test like vehicles. The dealer drove two brand new base models. 3 hours later.... Well it seems that base models were designed...
  24. B

MTZ, I will keep the group updated as I continue to go through the process. Please do the same. Jonredcorn, Take some time to think about what the dealer told you. "The noise that you are hearing is the heater going in to sleep mode, and is normal" :thumbdwn: Should we expect...
  25. B

The cracking poping sound is not normal. This is just typical Ford BS. Some unknowledgeable customers accept it, but I will not give up. If the A pillars are happening on most of the Explorers this should also be seen as normal, but enough people complained, and they fixed the problem. I...
Back