Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Passenger Power Window

Thanks Romeoville... Looks like I have something to keep me occupied this weekend. Although it's mighty cold here in the Northeast these days...:(
  2. B

Passenger Power Window

Forgive the dumb question, but what's a multi-sensor? Obviously I'm aware that it's a tool I can use to find current... Is that the brand name, or just a generic name of the tool? Can I pick one up at my local autoparts store for cheap? Would probably behoove me to have one, anyhow...
  3. B

Passenger Power Window

Once upon a time, all my power windows and moonroof quit working... Up until that time, I had experienced intermittent problems with ONLY the pasenger side window: sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I had my local mechanic fix the "they all don't work" problem, and everything was fine for...
  4. B

2002 Defrost Only/Little Heat

I don't think it makes a difference whether your controls are electronic or manual since both systems rely on vacuum to get the job done. I, at first, thought my blend door motor was shot too, but it wasn't. I really don't know how to check for a vacuum leak; that's why I went to my mechanic...
  5. B

?'s about factory subwoofer & replacement

Hey guys - I'm a longtime forum member, but haven't posted in a looong while; Still driving around in my '95EB, running good with 182,000 on the clock. Didn't think I'd still have her, but she's running good and I've put about $2,000 in her this year. Hoping to hang on to the truck another...
  6. B

2002 Defrost Only/Little Heat

I had a similar issue with my 95' EB... I have the electronic climate control in my rig, not sure if you have that, or the knobs. In my case, it turned out to be a vacuum issue - there was a cracked line or something, that prevented the system from redirecting air flow to the desired selection...
  7. B

Door Ajar Light Question

No problemo! That's what this place is for! Also, thanks to Turdle for the specific instruction.
  8. B

Door Ajar Light Question

The problem I had was in the latch that secures the glass to the gate - not the drivers door. I didn't have to remove anything in the gate. I simply opened the rear glass, and sprayed WD into the opening. I then opened and closed the glass several times, and I haven't had a problem since.
  9. B

Door Ajar Light Question

Well, I almost can't believe it - and am afraid to speak too soon - but the WD40 trick seemed to work. Turns out the original suspect, the rear glass, seemed to be the culprit. Now time will tell... Thanks again!
  10. B

Door Ajar Light Question

Would it be better to simply leave the key in ON position, with engine off, to test the doors? I suspect the drivers door because SLAMMING it will get it the light to go out...
  11. B

Door Ajar Light Question

Hey guys - Been a long while since I've been on here, but it's good to see nothings changed. Still got my Ex - 180K miles on her, and still running good. OK, down to business. Out of the blue, my door ajar light came on but none of my doors were ajar. It's playing games with me now...
  12. B

Bizarre window problem

Accessory delay relay...where abouts is that located, and what does it do? Is it something I can replace myself? I hate electrical gremlins like this cuz a mechanic will gaff you trying to locate and repair.
  13. B

Bizarre window problem

Yo guys - Haven't been around in a while. I guess that's cuz my '95 Explorer is still running so damn well! So listen to this - I've got a 95 Eddie with pwr windows and the moonroof. About a month ago I noticed both my 4WD lights flashing. Oddly enough, none of the windows would roll down...
  14. B

My new ride

The g35 coupe was really my first choice, but this could be had at a 10K less price. I got no wife or kids, so who needs a back seat anyway.
  15. B

My new ride

I mean, I don't doubt it's capabilities to go 80+, but with 32's and some lift, I'm not comfortable going much more than 80.
  16. B

My new ride

LOL....thanks for the props man. My Ex really doesn't go above 80 either! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed driving something fast, and well handling. I'm hangin' onto my truck too because, like you, I've got some water toys that need to be towed. So, it's the best of both worlds. I've...
  17. B

My new ride

Yeah, DON'T drive it unless your willing to part with the cash. Because you'll like it too much. I didn't think I was going to like it at first, because the visibility is pretty poor out the back. But then they let me test drive it alone, and as soon as I got out to the highway, I forgot all...
  18. B

My new ride

I actually got a great deal on it. It's an '03, and was a pre-cert from Nissan. It stickered for just shy of $40,000 but I only paid $23,000, which is also about $2,000 below dealer trade in value....sooo, I couldn't really argue 'em down. NTM that it's loaded with the exception of the Nav...
  19. B

My new ride

I've never really hated rice. What I do hate is people who try to turn economy cars into sports cars and drive them as such. Out of the "Big 3" Japanese marques, I've always preferred Nissans. Nissan caters to Americans by giving them big hp and big torque. While they genenerally get cut on...
  20. B

My new ride

More shots Here's what she looks like on the inside:
  21. B

My new ride

I just love my Explorer, but one drive in this thing re-fueled my lust for speed. Picked her up on Good Friday, and I've been loving it since. I decided to keep my Explorer since it's paid for. Now I've got the summer ride, and the every-other-time ride.
  22. B

Intake manifold vaccuum leak

Alright---good to hear. I don't mind the 'bucking' if it's related to the vaccuum leak. At least I know it's all the result of ONE problem. Thanks for the tip---I'm scheduling the test this coming week. I'm a little afraid of the repair bill....but she's been REAL good to me for a long time...
  23. B

Intake manifold vaccuum leak

I've been getting a very intermittant CEL. Today while I was having my oil changed, I had my mechanice throw the computer on it to diagnose. Results came back that the engine was running lean as the result of a vaccuum leak---which they say could quite possibly be in the intake manifold. A...
  24. B

Torque Converter?

Update Disconnected the battery last night and let the truck stand for about 20 minutes. Re-connected, warmed up, and went for a drive. O/D off light did NOT come on, and trans operated normally. Drove to the gym and back (20 miles round trip), and still no problem. Drove to work today (50...
  25. B

Torque Converter?

Please do. Today, when I get home from work, I'm going to disconnect the BATT and let it sit for a while, then reconnect and see if that solves it. Sounds like a lot of folks have been able to remedy it that way. I bought mine second-hand, almost up to 150K, myself, with no major issues. As...
Back