Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Code problem I suggest doing a vehicle health report when this issue happens. I don't know but it seems that would certainly save the code.
  2. M

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

After a week in the shop it was fixed. Mine would unlock if you just swiped the keypad. I had to get rid of my Explorer, it had too many computer issues which included the power steering going out. If you haven't already, check into the power steering recall.
  3. M

It's about time. It's been 2 years since I had mine go out. I hope they really know what the problem was. I left the dealer with my replaced steering rack not feeling like Ford even knew if it was really fixed. I don't have it anymore.
  4. M

When the issue occurs do a vehicle health report before restarting. Hopefully that will record the problem.
  5. M

Mine did not have parking assist and the power steering failed. Probably the same steering rack.
  6. M

TSki, have you done a vehicle health report on it when it does this? I would think your photos should be enough. I'd be raising some hell by now. Hopefully Crystal will do something for you on this forum. You need to report this to nhtsa also, maybe they will get a recall going.
  7. M

Mike, Have you done a vehicle health report before restarting when the issue occurs? That may document it for you. Have you went to NHTSA website to report it to government? This is the only way you will see a recall. Good luck!
  8. M

Thank you Dynaman2. I knew there was more than one. Between this site and nhtsa complaints, I can't remember who made the complaints and there are too many to go back through. I am certain there was one to have the replacement rack fail, I'm thinking there was two but I could be wrong. I...
  9. M

Rotunda, please make sure to report it: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/index.xhtml This can help make this a recall. After my 2011's power steering went out, I joined this forum. I had seen several have the power steering go out again after the entire rack was changed. That...
  10. M

Good luck guys. I traded my Explorer in yesterday. After much research on the Expedition, we went with a 2012. I haven't given up on Ford, just all the electronics involved in the Explorer and MFT. We needed something larger anyway and still don't want to deal with Government Motors.
  11. M

Dynaman2, here is link to NHTSA: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm. Please do. Having experienced the power steering failure myself, I urge you to talk to the dealer about a loaner. This car is NOT safe to drive this way. Ford paid for my loaner, not the dealer. After seeing your...
  12. M

Ford statement regarding EPAS (Power steering failure) I received an email from Department of Transportation this morning wanting me to answer more questions about my incident. They also included part of the statement Ford has released: “Ford believes that loss of power steering assist in...
  13. M

No loaners?! I had this problem in July. They had my Explorer for 3 weeks. The dealer did not provide me with a loaner but Ford did. The witch that works in service didn't want to help me though. I advise you to talk to the service manager, he has taken care of me everytime. The 6 times I have...
  14. M

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

My 2011 explorer had a glitch in the keypad. It's been in the shop for a week.
Back