Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

strange problem, need help

Is it actually running right now?
  2. A

Chances of all the coils going bad at once is slim. I am looking for more information on the CPS man.
  3. A

Tuner, programmer, computer, it all amounts to same thing. They have programs that can change the ignition timing. I doubt anyone has done that here. Like I said I wish you had a spare PCM to swap out. Something is making it misfire badly and I believe if it was the coils the PCM would throw a...
  4. A

What exhaust is that man?
  5. A

The ignition timing can be adjusted by hooking it up to a computer. Too bad you did not have another PCM to test this with. To see if yours is bad or not.
  6. A

Been throwing me for a loop since he showed it to me. I have heard it run on the phone even and I can't hear it do it.
  7. A

This one? Someone let me know if I was not supposed to post this. I will remove it immediately if it wasn't supposed to be posted.
  8. A

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263750 Have you seen this thread man? I know the idle will change some but how bad is it?
  9. A

Time to take the plunge man. Have to dig into the wiring and find the problem. Probably something stupid also just have to find it.
  10. A

That is definitely weird man. Still no codes? The motor does not seem to run to badly but it does misfire. What wires did you put on it? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128121 Have a look at that man.
  11. A

Try cleaning it is what I would do first. See if it helps any. Have you run the wires going to the sensors yet? If not I would do that also.
  12. A

It could be bad from all the crap it has been getting. No it is not the temp sensor. That should throw it for both sides like you said. I am wondering if it messed it up when they were switched or not.
  13. A

Get the fuel lines as well. Don't make them. Should be the same on the other end and the bends are most likely the same. Not sure why they would have two different setups to these things. Maybe any earlier model then decided to change them and make them replaceable. I really have no clue why...
  14. A

Little things that need to be fixed on your Ex...

Fix front and rear bumpers Fix front valance and fog lights Replace rocker panels on both sides Get some key fobs Fix airbag light Fix hatch and possibly back glass door ajar buttons Fix back glass open button Do some minor other body work Rebuild and reinstall front drive shaft Oil change Plug...
  15. A

96 explorer parting out

Another one for you Karl. Do you have the cruise control switches for a 98? How much for them with shipping to 49305? Mine don't even push down anymore so I don't think they are any good anymore lol.
  16. A

I pmed you my number man. It is like 8:30 here now. If you don't get a hold of tonight call me tomorrow. When you pull the line off the fpr put your thumb over it and see if you have vacuum. That occurred me to me also. You might be losing vacuum which is causing the fpr not to work. I don't...
  17. A

Usually have to have a code reader with live data for it. If the pulling the line off the fpr did not change the way the motor ran it could be stuck open I guess. Which would just dump fuel and regulate it of course. Do you have a pressure tester? I don't want you to replace it and have it not...
  18. A

No fuel out of the FPR? Did you run the MAF test and clean it?
  19. A

'99 5.0 AWD Front Driveshaft Options?

I was wondering if putting it together with some bolts and nuts beforehand might seat things together better. You just answered that question for me thank you. Couldn't you turn the shaft until the both the holes and the u-joint line up before putting any bolts in? That way you do not have to...
  20. A

I will adhere to this very closely. Might have to wait a bit though as temps dropped into the teens here today and winds are strong. Started snowing also, Wish I had moved I like I planned to this summer lol. Oh well waiting on parts now anyways. Hope to do an update as it progresses.
  21. A

new transmission?

Can check http://www.car-part.com for prices on yards near you.
  22. A

how do i rewire the audio system in my 97 explorer

They did not do it in mine and it works fine. Get a fit kit ( a good one ), get and wiring connector, and for the love of god do not cut those wires behind the dash. Dead Link Removed there should be some information there that will help you out.
  23. A

I don't have to worry about taking the shaft out as the genius I got it from took it out for me. He was smart enough to save all the parts for me though. I planned on doing the u-joint also. I figured it was out and so why not do it. I ordered the parts last night and started stripping the drive...
Back