Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

exhaust problems

i was wondering if anyone has went with a true straight pipe exhaust? i just wanna know if it will hinder the performance of the 4.0 sohc? i am thinking about eliminating the cats
  2. P

catalytic problem

will it effect motor if the guts are gone?
  3. P

catalytic problem

i did it on 3 mustangs from 96-98 and never a problem a friend did it on a 02 ranger and it ran like garbage until put factory exhaust on it. i never tried it on a ex didnt wanna mess it up by gutting it. it is driveable but throwing a emission code and runs ruff
  4. P

catalytic problem

i am pretty sure our 98 explorer with the 4.0 sohc has a stopped up cat, since we are a non emissions county i was wondering if these x's will run correctly without catalytic guts? we dont plan on ever selling it we love it but i dont wanna pay the 388 for new cats. i know some of the newer...
  5. P

wrecked explorer need advice

workin on it bruce. i am seem to get the run around from geico though, they keep saying that they are going to have this person call, and when i dont hear from them i call back and they send me to random dept's i am getting tired of the run around just want to know what is going on with my ex.
  6. P

yeah i kinda just fell onto one side. the whole passenger side is pretty bad, you cannot open any doors, and my system tried to exit the vehicle so that busted the back side glass. and it crinkled the a-pillar and roof in the pass. corner
  7. P

hey everyone i had an accident, and well the insurance wants to total it saying its only woth 18oo but i had just painted it, and it had a new transmission in it. need some advice should i buy it back? should i take the 18oo and cut my losses? how much could i get parting it out? what is the...
  8. P

Ram Air Hood

how much time do you have in hood? and where did you get the plugs?
  9. P

93 5 speed tranny problem!!!!

had similar problems recently in a ranger, and we just put a used tranny in it and it was fine. the synchro bearings basically exploded the cage for bearings was flat and bearings were in bottom of housing. i would say 95% be cheaper and easier to find a good used tranny to install
  10. P

1991 explorer slight front lift need help

i clean the wheels and tires about every 3 days they still look good so far dont plan on keeping them too long hoping i can get 32's
  11. P

this is a set of wheels i picked up the other day, do you think i could clear 32's?
  12. P

31's on 15x10 need opinions

i just put a set of used 31x10.50.15 on 15x10 three spokes. i like it but wonder if i have clearance for 32x11.50x15 and would like some opinions on how mine looks now.
  13. P

over charging?..im stumped!..help!..

here is the diagram for charging system
  14. P

over charging?..im stumped!..help!..

ok from what i have been able to look up on shop key(a snap on version of alldata). there is several recall references to Terminal repair kit for the wire harness. so thats where i would start looking. hope it helps
  15. P

hatch swap possible?

tweakedlogic no i didnt do a write up. iheartbeams i might try it later on, but for now i will wait until i get some help from someone local with the know how.
  16. P

i thought about putting a stock one on, but it grows on you.
  17. P

here is a pic of the custom shifter. this pic was taken day i got the ex, so carpet has been cleaned 3x. I believe i will still have to order new carpet. 1 1/4 wrench
  18. P

ok thank you jd4242. you have been very helpful in this recent project. I am far from done with this ex though.
  19. P

with 32's it would be ok right? no i am ordering D windows when i get my taxes back.
  20. P

i want 15x10's cause i like the look better. i just hate something with skinny wheels. but thats just my opinion.
  21. P

31x10.5x15 or 32x11.5x15. i need to trade my 35's for something smaller i guess lmao
  22. P

so i have looked at the tire chart and i am wondering about 15x10 wheels? i atleast want to clear 31's maybe 32's but chart does not mentiion 10" wide wheels.
  23. P

shackles installed it looks very close to level now, this was before i re-adjusted the shackles this is final height for now, just need to find some 15x10's
  24. P

hatch swap possible?

i guess i will leave my hatch and scrap this idea, thank you so much for all the input
Back