1. Q

SCT Xcal 3 programmer

Tuner is SOLD! Thanks Seth!
  2. Q

SCT Xcal 3 programmer

Hey Seth, I sent you a PM.
  3. Q

SCT Xcal 3 programmer

price drop Price drop! I could use some cash. $220 shipped.
  4. Q

SCT Xcal 3 programmer

You can download a tune from anywhere that sells them. If you search the board there is a guy everyone recommends I just can't remember who it is. I've heard of tunes costing anywhere from $40 to $75.
  5. Q

SCT Xcal 3 programmer

I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet myself, I thought that was a fair price,
  6. Q

SCT Xcal 3 programmer

I bought this and never used it. The programmer is new. It's not locked and doesn't have a tune. $270 shipped in the USA. Thanks, John.
  7. Q

cheapest way to flash computer for tire size

I got the accu-speed and installed it yesterday. It worked great, was easy to install and adjust. My speedo is now right on compared to my GPS. If anybody is interested in the SCT Xcal 3 I am going to list it in the for sale section.
  8. Q

Thanks for the info! I just ordered one from Summit.
  9. Q

I just did. The VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) on an 03 Sport Trac is located in the tail housing of the transmission , in a 2wd, and the transfer case in a 4wd. So here's how it works: the sensor reads the speed of the output shaft and also the drive shaft since it spin at the same rate as the...
  10. Q

If changing the gear ratio does nothing to the speedo then why did it throw mine off so much when I went from 3.55 to 3.08?
  11. Q

Yea, I'm in the same boat. I just got a notice from Summit that the truspeed is no longer available. I guess my only option is to buy a tune for the programmer.
  12. Q

Sport Trac Jerico bed topper / cap

Make an offer.
  13. Q

I don't think you're following what I'm trying to accomplish. I didn't re-gear to compensate for the larger tires. If that was the case I would have geared it lower (numerically higher). I put on taller tires and geared it up (numericaly lower) to get my cruising rpm's down so the diesel engine...
  14. Q

If I still had the gas engine I would agree with you but since I'm running a diesel it wouldn't help me to make more power or anything like that. I bought the Xcal unlocked so that's not a problem but I paid $275 for it. Now ad $50 for a tune and I'm into it for $325 and the only thing I'm going...
  15. Q

Well that's not what I wanna hear :(. I'll try it and see what happens.
  16. Q

I stopped in at the dealer and it didn't go to good. I told them what I had going on and they looked at me like I had a D!(k growing out of my forehead. They told me they could only change it to a gear ratio and tire size that was available as original equipment on my truck. I wasn't going to...
  17. Q

Let me know when you're going to be in the area, we could set up a time.
  18. Q

Sport Trac Jerico bed topper / cap

For sale is a bed topper that was on my 03 sport trac when I bought it. It is made by Jerico and was painted blue to match my truck. It has sliding windows on the sides and the front. I never use it and it's just sitting there so it's time to go. It is in great shape. Along with the cap comes...
  19. Q

Sport Trac re-power

Thanks man. The truck is running great and I've got about 25k miles on it since the swap. I was averaging 28mpg with the 3.55 gears. I haven't logged enough miles with the 3.08s yet, but I think I'll be over the 30 mpg mark. I've been collecting parts to build an explorer for my wife to drive...
  20. Q

Stock tire size was 235/70-16 and I changed to a 245/70-17, roughly a 31'' tire. Original gears were 3.73 and now I'm running 3.08s. I'm running a diesel engine so I needed to get my rpm's down on the highway.
  21. Q

Sounds like the stealership might be the way to go. I'll stop in and see what they say.
  22. Q

All I can do is tell you my personal experience. About a year ago I installed the 31'' tires and at the same time I switched to a 3.55 axle ratio. I checked the speedo against my GPS and it was off by about 5mph at 60. Last week I swapped in the 3.08 gears and checked the speedo against the GPS...
  23. Q

It's a shame you're so far away; I'd take you up on that offer. I have to disagree with you about the gear change not affecting the speedo though. When I changed the gears it threw the speedo way off.
Back