Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Anyone had non-automatic windshield wipers randomly sweep?

55,000 Not yet. She just told me about it a week or so ago but it has now started doing it more frequently each day. It is now doing random wipes every 5 mins or so while driving. Non auto wipers.
  2. V

Anyone had non-automatic windshield wipers randomly sweep?

Our 2011 is now doing this. My wife is not amused.
  3. V

Keyless alert

Wow, I'd hate to have this lovely "feature"! That'd be so annoying.
  4. V

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

:thumbdwn: Congrats on the Sport though! I've yet to see one in person but am anxious to. I guess I'll go ahead and update her to 3.2.2 and cross my fingers that nothing else goes 1 step forward, 3 steps back.
  5. V

The last update looked better visually, but made the main things I wanted fixed were either made worse than before, or the same as before. Can anyone confirm if the following have been fixed in 3.2.2? I'm afraid to install it and make the experience even worse again just to get the main screen...
  6. V

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

Optimum No Rinse Car Wash. Best there is. Fastest to use. No hose needed. Eco Friendly. Wash the whole truck with 2 gallons of water, which means you can even wash it in the garage in the blazing summer/frozen winter. Use ONR once and you will never go back to old school hand washing methods...
  7. V

iPhone text message alert tone

Correct, I figured that to be the reason but wanted to be sure. I'd give up BT audio to get text message tones back.
  8. V

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

Amen x2 My wife doesn't have time to go to the dealer to try and get all these little different issues fixed, then have them say couldn't reproduce, then go to another dealer, another day etc. We have a newborn and a 2yr old, and our other vehicle cannot transport them both at once. We finally...
  9. V

If this is solely the fault of Apple, then how come in my Infiniti the text sound still comes out of the phone, and everything else goes bluetooth through the vehicle?
  10. V

Austin Area Dealer Service - A Pillar Rattle

Well, I wouldn't take it to Covert on 183. I set an appointment on their site to get the MFT update done (I'm not getting a packet) this past Saturday at 09:00. Website said they'd call if there were any issues with the service/date/time. No one called so I showed up Saturday at 9am. The service...
  11. V

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

50psi is going to cause uneven and premature tread wear and you'll be spending a helluva lot more on new tires than you saved on gas
  12. V

Yes, this is a HIGHLY annoying "feature". My Infiniti still has the text chime loud and clear when connected via BT. I'm still on 2.11 though until this weekend, can someone on the new MFT software chime in (pun intended) on if this has been fixed?
  13. V

Remote start extra key cost

Assuming this is a used 2011, it makes sense that there may only be 1 key included. I purchased an extra off ebay new for $45 that had the physical key missing. The dealer charged $20 to cut and add a new physical key. If you only have 1 key you will have to get a dealer to program a 2nd, as you...
  14. V

Everyone must keep in mind that when the EPA tests for highway mpg, the average speed is 48mph and they never go above 60. If you're going 75, your numbers are going to be quite a bit lower due to the massive difference in wind resistance. Highway: Represents a mixture of rural and...
  15. V

Anyone tried LED blinkers?

Wondering if it will work or if it will cause them to blink fast due to the low power consumption causing the Ex to think the light is out. If you've tried them, please advise where you got em from.
  16. V

This. I would assume the rolling/outside diameter is the same between the 17/18/20's. The 17's and 18's just have more rubber.
  17. V

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

My Infiniti M had the mic in the exact same spot as the Ex and there was zero road noise to be heard, in fact there was no way for the person on the other end to tell if they were on speaker or not.
  18. V

MFT - MyFord Touch performance update

Hi mwoods, what is your build date? (I also PMed you asking this same info.) Thanks!
  19. V

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

I PM'ed IVT once on the 8th, heard back on the 12th, replied to the PM on the 12th, and still haven't heard back. All I found out was that they have a different address listed for me than what I have on the Ford Owner and snycmyride sites. I'm now waiting to hear if the update can be (re)sent to...
  20. V

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Today is the 5th mail day. If they had been sent, even via the slowest cheapest form of mailing, those closest to where they're being sent from would've received them by now. And one of those people would be on this forum saying they received it. They were not mailed on the 8th. If they were...
  21. V

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

If they had been mailed, even via a slow method like Parcel Post, at the very least the people near where they were mailed from would've received them in a couple days. They were not mailed on the 8th.
  22. V

I'm using the newest nano (6th or 7th gen?), purchased a couple months ago. When you first start the vehicle back up it still shows the correct playlist count (ie 21/100) for a millisecond, then it immediately changes to show 1/100, however the song that was playing doesn't miss a beat and is...
  23. V

Here are the new user guide PDF's for the new MFT: User guide: MyFord Touch http://syncsupport.ford.com/media/d/1_MFT_UserGuide_NonNAV.pdf User guide: MyFord Touch w/ Nav http://syncsupport.ford.com/media/d/1_MFT_UserGuide_NAV.pdf
  24. V

Can anyone please tell me if these 2 issues have been fixed in the new MFT? Will iPod retain the playlist count when shuffling (instead of resetting to 1/XXXX everytime the vehicle is started)? As it is now when you shutoff the vehicle and then come back, the song playing is still in the exact...
  25. V

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

I PMed her 2 days ago but still no reply, would like to know myself.
Back