Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

It hasn’t run in ages, as evident. I am hoping the ST will make up for it. Lol. Photos are from US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL.
  2. S

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Working on Getting picture of new ride
  3. S

PPF and Washing

I hope it comes soon. We were pushed due to the ‘12 dying due to 352Km trans failure Thanks for the reply. We had a new tunnel wash open and they can do touchless and also foam. But they claim they use microfiber on their brunshes and such. Granted this place in running Bentleys and Lambos thru...
  4. S

PPF and Washing

Correct. Got a new 2023. Will update the profile. Thanks Peter
  5. S

PPF and Washing

I need help settling an issue. We had PPF put on truck. Wife is adamant that we have to use McGuires gold because the installer said it was the chemicals from the car washes was bad. My recollection is that tunnel washes are a hard ‘no’ unless touch-less. Thoughts? Granted nothing like a good...
  6. S

Question: Wifi for Sync updates and missing 4g LTE

I have yet to take delivery on my ST, but my stickers “4G LTE WI-FI HOTSPOT CREDIT”. I have deduced, but very unsure, they deleted the hotspot but the modem is still there to facilitate Ford connection. Anyone got insight?
  7. S

Thank you and Farewell

So after almost 11 years and 352K miles, I have finally decided to send my 2012 Limited 2.0 to the yard to give life to other explorers. The final straw was the transmission going out it was going to be a $6K repair at non-Ford shop. I had just replaced the CV axle about 3 months ago and about...
  8. S

Deleting Programed Keys

So I have had an issue where I had a FOB that died and I bought a replacement. I ended up washing said replacement. I have two workings key and went to dealership and bought the 5th key fob during the life of my explorer. In trying to program it I cannot get the vehicle to go into programming...
  9. S

Battery warning light turning on and off.. bad alternator?

So just following up here. Along with the other issues noted, the truck seemed to idle rough, not a lot, but you could notice a jitter in the RPM gauge. Small but noticeable. Took it to dealership and I had to eat crow. Right off the bat, they said it was generator. I said ‘BS, I changed...
  10. S

So I am still holding off taking the Explorer to the dealership for more convenient time. I am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the connections to the alternator and compressor? I have noticed it is taking a bit for the compressor to kick in. If both connections come off the same...
  11. S

I didn’t charge it but it did sit for an entire week, undisturbed, no door opening etc.
  12. S

Yes had Ford reset the BMS, also installed new battery and retested fine.
  13. S

So I have been battling similar issue. Replaced Battery and alternator (twice) get recurring battery warning light. I am thinking I have weak or corroded wire. What drives my theory is that the alternator is putting out voltage in correct range. Then it will drop out for a bit and then works...
  14. S

Check charging system fault

Venting here: I got the charge light and when it happened, the BMS started shutting things down, to include radio, climate, and the Electric Assist on the steering. I replaced the alternator with reman, but ended with a bad one. It would output voltage and then stop. So now I get the. Check...
  15. S

2013 Blinker / turn signal...am I the only one??

I have had mine now for 2 months, just about to clear 10K. I confess it takes a while to get used too. however, as most of my driving is interstate, I like the 3 flash option, when I remember.
  16. S

Flex fuel?

Having had fleet vehicles that can take E85, we steer clear of it. I think the only reason our fleet would use it, is if it was last fuel available.
  17. S

Radar detector tips/ suggestions?

The question is were they standing still or moving. Some will use radar while moving but majority find their parking area and use Laser. Not saying that radar is totally obsolete, just that it is not used as predominately as it used to be; since laser is more readily available. This a little...
  18. S

Radar detector tips/ suggestions?

You will find in SE, most LEO will use laser or aircraft on the highways. Most radars are so yesterday. There really is no good defense or alert on Laser. Due to some having a shorter lock on distance, the ability of the detector to see it further out is reduced since the officer is using it...
  19. S

What about green?

I have the ginger ale. I will say I was hesitant at first. But after time it grows on you. Just like a fine wine. I have always owned green cars. I think because I was coming from Kiwi Green Escape, it made it easier for me. I also notice depending on the light, the shade/intensity is different...
  20. S

Headlamp Indicator

I turn on the driving lights, which give me a green indicator on the cluster and that is how I determine if the Auto Lights are turned on.
  21. S

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

I agree. I ended up backing off to 42 when hot. I did notice it seemed to get rid of the morning flat spot the tires seemed to have exhibited. Granted, I am not a fan of the stock tires and probably will replace in near future. Even at 42, I seem to be doing better on the MPG.
  22. S

I have been playing with the truck trying different things. But a few things in regards to Ford. Heard from contact and as Metallicpea stated the tire size not much of a factor. I took the vehicle to my dealership (I have 4 to choose from and have relationships with all) that I know has good...
  23. S

So today I made a 130mile trip over same road. I ran regular 86 fuel and all previous driving was rural road or interstate with a 63MPH speed avg. I had a 23.8 MPG for that tank and that also reflect with similiar read on the Fuel computer that shows mileage between resets. I took the tank...
Back