Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Jeremy_H, it would be very easy to make a gap strip and attach it to the back of these boards. Should you have to, no, but it's an easy mod. MIExplorer5, I weight 210 and if I step with all my weight right in the middle, I can feel a small bit of flex. If you step near the bracket it's not...
  2. S

Spineman, don't count on any changes. I worked closely with AutoAccessoriesGarage and DeeZee when I had all of my issues. They promised they would resolve it. 6 months and many unhappy customers later, it's still not resolved. We are talking about some 10 cent foam to fix the issue, but I guess...
  3. S

No but apparently they have changed their packaging which should solve the issue. Autoaccessoriesgarage.com has been great through my issues so if you buy, go with a company that will back you up.
  4. S

Glad they fixed it but I am not sure steel rivets in aluminum was a good idea. It will corrode in wet conditions. I could get a rivet gun but self-taping screws will be cheaper. They are refunding my money so I will try to put one good set together from the four boards I have. Very disappointed...
  5. S

New boards showed today.....in worse condition that the first set. Every single rivet was sheared off and each board was in two pieces. DeeZee puts no packing inside the box or on the ends of the box and the ends of the boards are sharp, so they end up tearing through. Now I have 4 broken...
  6. S

Austin Area Dealer Service - A Pillar Rattle

Sorry, I don't recall. Their service department is usually extremely busy, so don't be surprised if you don't get first class service.
  7. S

2011 Explorer Base Wheel Cover Modification

Looks good, but you can see the primer showing through in some spots.
  8. S

iphones won't connect -- bluetooth prob?

Also delete the pairing from the iphone. I had to do that as well.
  9. S

I haven't installed mine yet because I am still waiting on the replacement boards, but holding the brackets up underneath, it appears there should be enough room on level ground. Here are a couple pics of the brackets.
  10. S

Not sure they ever stopped production because I got my boards after they supposedly stopped. I have been in contact with them and AutoAccessoriesGarage all week to get my replacement boards. They are actually letting me keep the dented boards and sending me a new set. Not sure what to do with...
  11. S

Amazing Gas Mileage on 2013

Right around 60mph cruising is when the RPM jumps from 1500 to 2000. Driving under 60 and keeping the RPM under 2000 when accelerating yields very good gas mileage. I get 22 consistently with 50/50 city/highway . I drive about 80 miles/day. I have a long trip in May, so we'll see how that goes.
  12. S

Issue playing iPhone video on MFT over RCA jacks

That's great to hear. Kind of inconvenient, but at least it works!
  13. S

If you read the apple forums, this is a very common problem. The cables output to some devices and not others. In some cases it's a faulty cable, so maybe you can try to exchange it. Also, have you tried having it plugged in before turning on the vehicle? And are you hitting the source icon in...
  14. S

Is NAV merely a software upgrade?

Yeah, GPS is definitely in all MFT vehicles. You can go to the settings and push the Where Am I button and your Long/Lat is displayed even without NAV.
  15. S

That cable is way over priced. From my research, you need a cable with combined RCA and USB. They are about $20 on Amazon. Here is where it gets tricky. As Apple updates iOS, they put in security to prevent unauthorized accessories. Some cables have the proper chip in the cable and others don't...
  16. S

Austin Area Dealer Service - A Pillar Rattle

Neil, my previous vehicle (2010 F150) came from Maxwell Ford and they took care of a couple issues for me and I had no problem with them. Sales department is another story. They have a huge, busy service department though, so they have probably seen every issue out there. I just purchased my...
  17. S

MFT Wallpapers

Thank you to gullwingdmc at focusfanatics.com for the PSD file. I customized it a bit for the Ex. The colors are a bit off in this screenshot and I lowered Drive/Pass down another 2 pixels. Enjoy! Link
  18. S

Putting dented boards into a box is really inexcusable. Cheap, weak rivets is also unexplainable, because stronger rivets is a minimal cost. Not sure why they build such great boards yet have minor QA issues that prompt returns.
  19. S

Received my boards today, drop shipped from DeeZee. Surprise, surprise....they were damaged. The two dents you see were caused before packaging. There was also one broken rivet and one loose rivet. They are nice looking and feel solid, but now I have to figure out how to get a replacement.
  20. S

Anyone using a portable DVD player in their new Explorer?

You will find most the dual solutions get bad reviews. I purchased the 10in Phillips 2 years ago because it had the best reviews for anything under $200. The laser mechanism didn't even make it year with limited use. We now use iPhones and/or an HP touchpad. Do careful research and if you see...
  21. S

Got my brackets drop shipped from AAG today, but no boards in site. Since AAG is using drop shipping, I hope the boards are delayed for the redesign. I sent AAG an email asking them to contact the manufacturer. Wait and see.....
  22. S

If you read on other forums, a lot of these boards are shipping with broken/missing rivets. People are having to replace the rivets with screws. I assume DeeZee is going to use larger/stronger rivets. Part number won't change because no one would buy the old stock. This way when you order, you...
  23. S

Sync Applink?

You cannot activate Siri from MFT, but once you hold the home button the phone, Siri comes through MFT as a phone call. It uses the MFT mic and speakers. Not perfect but it is still useful since you can activate Siri on your phone without looking. I used it to have Siri look up a store and make...
  24. S

Sync Applink?

I'll try it tomorrow.
  25. S

$280 free shipping with coupon NEWBIE TODAY ONLY! http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Running-Boards-Side-Steps/Dee-Zee-NX-Series-Running-Boards
Back