Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Help what is this leak

That is my plan, They had the guys steam clean the bottom, however, it didn't even get the oil or what ever they want to call it off that area. I am going to try to get under and clean it, but its pretty think, don't quite know how to get to it. I still have a extended warranty for another 5...
  2. R

Help what is this leak

It does not smell like sulfur, just kind of looks like regular oil, no smell. I took it in to ford today, they looked around the car and said they did not see any leaks, Even though i have random drops of oil all over my driveway and this is our only car. When asked about that picture, they said...
  3. R

Help what is this leak

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m510/roadrash3/photo8.jpg added a second photo to help
  4. R

Help what is this leak

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer with 21,000 miles. I have a small leak every so often, sometimes it is near the front passenger side tire, just behind the tire, other times i see it at the rear of the car, but don't think anything back there should be looking. Looking under the car today, i see...
  5. R

Will I regret this?

I drive a huge collection of different vehicles at work (All Pool cars), meaning i drive what is available that day. With that, every vehicle has its little things. I love my new explorer and have had zero problems with it. You state four million cars with sync, that would be a lot of complaints...
  6. R

2012 Base Radio

Ran the heater today, burning up just to check for it, no noise. My runs just fine.
  7. R

Will I regret this?

All the complaints seems to be with MFT. The moment i sat in a limited model and went to touch it, i just knew it was going to have issues. I ended up just buying a base model because i did not need all the extras. I could not be happier. The car handles like a dream, comfortable, fits my wife...
  8. R

Will I regret this?

Nope, get it. I love my explorer. I have the base model, however, i have had zero issues so far. I am not as picky as most and love my explorer
  9. R

2012 Base Radio

Thats funny, i have not tried my heater yet, i'll have to do that and report back
  10. R

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

I have felt that bump you are referring to. I am coming from a diesel ford excursion so this car is a big difference. It is much smoother and i want to treat it nice so i have been babying it. I wonder if i should drive it a little more normal and stop treating it with kid gloves to see if i...
  11. R

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

I have felt this bump a few times, i was wondering if it had to do with the fact the front wheel drive with the motor sideways in the engine. I will have to pay attention more
  12. R

2012 Base Radio

That price seems pretty good, since mine does not have the towing. I had to add that myself after i got it. In California those taxes and fees amounted to 2,600 bucks more. The tax rate here is ridiculous. The 29,595 for mine was base model no options except sync. But i was coming from a base...
  13. R

2012 Base Radio

i am in California and it was 29,595. They used another credit company, so with the ford $1,000 i got it was 28595. The sync was the few hundred dollars extra, but worth it. I have an iPhone and it has worked great for phone calls. It was manufactured in Dec 2011 and i have not had any of the...
  14. R

2012 Base Radio

I just last month bought the 2012 Ford Explorer base model. I told them i did not want any upgrades. Well, the base radio has the add on of Sync for 250 bucks or so. With the base radio and the sync, i can use the blue tooth to make phone calls which has been really awesome. I also have a usb...
Back