Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Solved How to change SPARK PLUGS on a 4.6L V-8

Will the loctite version of the nickel grease be okay? I cannot get my hands on the motorcraft stuff, no matter how hard I tried. I'm not going to order it, because I'm doing the plugs this weekend. Thanks
  2. O

OEM Tire Alternative

I'm looking at new tires for my ST and I'm set on a tire, I just wanted to get a better grasp on tire sizing and the effects of playing with the sizes. 235/60R/18 are my size, but I was thinking about going with a slightly larger tire, perhaps? What would be the potential benefits or...
  3. O

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=508646 Is that what I'm looking at for an 07' v8 limited? Thanks :update: I changed my fuel and air filter today and my truck thanked me generously with more horsepower and greater throttle response. The old filter was filled with...
  4. O

Spare Wheel

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Unfortunately for me, the tires on it won't be the same size as the ones I'm getting. The previous owner decided to go with a 255/60r/18 AT tire. I'm putting some more economical treads on and they're 235s. I'll probably just keep the old set and use...
  5. O

Spare Wheel

Interesting. It would be pretty amazing to me if that tire was unusable simply because of it's age alone. I would think this is more of a guideline, than a rule:) I've driven classic cars that had tires from the 50-60s. I run a pair of hoosiers on my 63' ford that are at least a couple decades...
  6. O

Spare Wheel

The tire actually doesn't seem too bad at all, never heard of a spare expiring, unless it showed cracks, wear, etc. The rust on the wheel is a little more than superficial, however and I already took a brush to it to see how bad it was. My concern would be that I'm towing and get a flat. I...
  7. O

Spare Wheel

I just took the spare off for now. I wouldn't have used it anyway. I don't think I would trust that wheel on a Geo metro, let alone a 4x4. I had another quick question about that wheel I'm looking at: http://www.partsultimate.com/product/231687 Does the hub pop out, so I can hoist it up into...
  8. O

Spare Wheel

What do you think?
  9. O

Spare Wheel

Not sure how I would go about inspecting it. Looks rusted. I'm bringing it into the dealer today and I'll have them take a look. Thanks
  10. O

Spare Wheel

And here's one of the rusted out spare: I thought it was going to dissolve into dust if I touched it, so I didn't bother even taking it off. I think the tire may still be usable, though? Looks like the original spare, it's a Michelin.
  11. O

Spare Wheel

I have an 07' v8 4x4. I think the wheels are 18". The ones on it are 255/60r/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. The tires I'm looking at...
  12. O

Spare Wheel

I thought these boards would have been filled with people doing the same thing. I was kinda hoping someone would reply with what they did in this situation. I think I'll just pick up the one I linked to and hope for the best. :salute:
  13. O

Spare Wheel

Hah! I'm in MN now, but I'll be in OR in a few months. I want it for my haul to OR. :( I think I'm going to take the AT's that came with the truck off and buy some CS Fuel max tires and might as well spring for a nice spare while I'm at it.
  14. O

Spare Wheel

The spare that came with my ST is all rusted and I was shopping around for a spare ST wheel. Found a few different results, most are around 300$, but a couple sites offer them at 144$ shipped. What do ya think? http://www.partsultimate.com/product/231687
  15. O

Sport Trac Accessories Thread

1st post- What's the deal with the bumper grille, they just don't come with one? I noticed it was missing when I bought it and figured I could just pick up a stock one somewhere later. I was surprised to notice that the truck doesn't come with a bumper grille, except for the adrenaline model...
Back