Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Towing my 2005 sports trac behind RV

You can get the tune but also need the switch on the correct wire to essentially put the transfer case in neutral a spot between 4hi and 4lo
  2. 0

2002 Sport Trac with annoying vibration

Given your location it's a good chance snow and ice packing in the wheels. If not that I would lift the front end and give her the shake down have someone help shake the wheel side to side and up and down and look for play in the ball joints wheel bearing and tie rods inner and outer
  3. 0

Firm Cruise Control Buttons - Can they be swapped? - 2001 Sport Trac

I know gen 3 Taurus/sables use a three wire plug behind the steering wheel not sure on the trac I haven't messed with mine. It's not hard to check it disconnect negative battery terminal then on the sides of the wheel just behind the cruise switches is covers that a small common tip pops off...
  4. 0

I wish I hadn't...

Replacing bearings with only 20000 on them and inner tie rods again with only months on them (replaced labor day)
  5. 0

PA snow

I survived winter blizzard atlas on October 4th 4' of snow in the black hills and I pulled hundreds of people out in my trac
  6. 0

I wish I hadn't...

I regret lifting mine as I have gone through so many front end parts
  7. 0

05 Sport Track 2 sensor Thermostat Housing

If I decide to do an electric fan I'm going to keep my 2port so I can get a temp controller to screw in and then control a mark VIII fan and use an open relay spot under the hood for power
  8. 0

02 Sport Trac Bogs down while trying to accelerate

possible it can be the transmission not downshifting and allowing the RPMs to run up. on older vehicles there was a seperate cable that would downshift the trans to allow acceleration on these computer controlled trans i dont know
  9. 0

Gas milage issues.

1. E85 will always net a 25-30% loss in MPG. 2. your mileage doesn't account for the minutes untraveled warming it up 3. when your car is cold started it runs up the rpms and shoves more fuel in till it warms up this also consumes more fuel.
  10. 0

04-05 Interior/Body Style changes?

The big difference between 01-03 style and the 04-05 is the door panel (Handle and speaker grill) and also the 04-05 have a digital odometer and a desperate switch panel for headlights that integrated fog lights into there instead of the radio bezel
  11. 0

Starting issue - 2001 4.0L Sport Trac

easy way to eliminate the switch as the culprit is to bypass it. unplug it and and use a 12 guage piece of wire to jump the two wires together try this for a few days and see if your starting issue goes away. by no means should you permanently disable this switch as if someone rear ends you and...
  12. 0

4.0 SOHC Supercharger Kit - 02-05 Sport Tracs/2dr Sports

thanks modd you relieved my fears a bit. honestly i did the supercharger route and while it was a blast and i recommend it to anyone wanting to whine (lmao) i have a growing family therefore growing bills and income is not growing so im out on this purchase but i wish you the best of luck and...
  13. 0

5.0 Sport Trac Lives

if the mounty is the rear-end mounted ABS/speedo setup then you can tune it with a SCT like i did my truck. if it is the g thing then im not sure.
  14. 0

Official Sport Trac specific CL finds, post here to help others...

of course it does tracker it makes you fly off the handle when you grenade the axles and realize crap back to ford for an 8.8" swap and bronco 44 :bsnicker:
  15. 0

Tune up parts

stick with motorcraft (ford OEM), autolite, and a few here went with the E3 plugs. i only use motorcraft wires. personally i run autolite iridum plugs and motorcraft wires
  16. 0

Body Lift: To Remove or Not To Remove

dude leave it as your flex pic highlights the rear wheel tucks fully in to the fender and any bigger wheel or less lift would require you to remove the cladding and or cut the fenders (fiberglass work blows)
  17. 0

4.0 SOHC Supercharger Kit - 02-05 Sport Tracs/2dr Sports

we established its for job2 SOHC 4.0 motors but issue remains on fuel lines and more importantly the later models with a FPDM that works as a regulator on the pump due to being a returnless system. also FFV motors these issues might want/need to addressed as many will get tired of only 3-4PSI...
  18. 0

bak flip top is what i meant i blame the auto correct on my wives kindle
  19. 0

Mounty side mirror puddle lights on an Sport Trac

the plugs match and the standard three pins that your power mirrored trac have match the puddles and/or heated. issue is running a single wire from your dome, switch, keyless entry, etc. its not a hard upgrade from a factory trac w/ power mirrors.
  20. 0

Definitely not plug and play. the plugs and pins match but the fourth wire pin will be empty. The wiring is simple if you already have power mirrors as you only need to run a triggered hot for lamps. I tapped my dome light. Each mirror plug end has two motor hots, and a ground. The 4-5 wire is...
  21. 0

yeh i did this when i added power mirrors mine came off a gen2 eddie and i love them them next is license plate light in my running board caps to light the board and rock lights under the frame.
  22. 0

Rusted frame reinforcement

tony is a great source or if that cant work check the yards around you for a good reinforcement. talk with midnightrebel (jerry) he is one of the PA guys on here with lots of knowledge on the trac he's out towards pittsburgh.
  23. 0

Tire/Wheel combo question

i have 1.75" of lift and can fit 265/75R16 or 32" tire with add-a-leaf (highly recommend this over shackle) and torsion twist a rule of thumb on the tracs and any torsion bar IFS expo, trac, ranger, etc. is not over 2" of un-settled twist on 4X4 cause as hugh said CV axles go kaboom, and...
  24. 0

Running boards (with pictures )

i used the shorter procomp EXP 13120 leaf i like the add-a-leaf i have more payload capacity as a result and lift too.
  25. 0

Manual trans http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4257359926.html Trailer hitch http://denver.craigslist.org/ptd/4296663391.html Complete rear windowhttp://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4271130027.html Bangkok tonneau coverhttp://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/4285546163.html
Back