Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1st gen brush guard

Brush guard for plowing dinosaurs! Or offroading I don't know ;) http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/4803105685.html
  2. T

1st Gen brush guard

Found this brush guard in CA. Looks solid! And apparently it's good for plowing down dinosaurs! http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/4803105685.html
  3. T

Magnet in new differential cover?

Thanks for the suggestions. I've bought some small neodymium magnets which are extremely strong. I might go with one or two of those instead of the disc. The neodymium magnets are really hard to remove from the cover with your bare hands so I dont think they would ever fall off.
  4. T

Magnet in new differential cover?

I just got a new replacement differential cover. The make is dorman and it came with a magnet inside, the trouble is that it is loose. Shouldn't it be glued in or something? I can't see anywhere where it was meant to be. The magnet is a disc with magnet on one side and somekind of rubbery...
  5. T

New lifters, prime or bleed?

I'm replacing the lifters because all are worn and some are collapsed. And yes I know I need to take the heads off :-) I've just ground my valves and seats and installed everything with new stem seals. Getting ready to put everything together soon!
  6. T

I thought that priming meant filling the lifters with oil to get them preloaded and "stiff". That seemed to be like a bad idea to me because if they were too long something could break.
  7. T

I'm currently replacing my rockers and lifters with new parts and been trying to read up on lifter installation procedures. Some say that the lifters should be primed and some say that they need to be bled. So what should I do, prime or bleed and why?
  8. T

Backup light switch on automatic?

After some investigation I found that there has been a rear facing light under the bumper that has been torn off. So it turns out it just got caught somewhere and disappeared before I bought the car. I also found the original wiring for the backup lights, black wires with a pink stripe. I...
  9. T

Yes in sweden you're required to have amber turn signals on cars from 1976 or newer. So that's why they did the conversion. I'm just confused as the law also clearly states that you must have backup lights as well and mine doesn't. So my options are slim. Either I add a rear facing white fog...
  10. T

i live in Sweden and I think my 92 ex have had some conversion done to the rear lights to pass the swedish traffic regulations. My rear lights have the blinkers with orange bulbs in the clear glass sections. Aren't those supposed to be the backup lights? Because as it turns out I have no backup...
  11. T

Fenders with trim, mounting and compability?

Thanks! I'm starting to believe that the radiator support are the same for all models. I've found several places that offers international shipping and sell radiator supports cheap, in the $60-$90 range. Only problem is that the shipping costs like $500, the same amount I paid for the car! :P...
  12. T

Thank you! If anyone can confirm the compability of the radiator support that would be great!
  13. T

I need some new front fenders for my 92 Explorer EB edition. I live in sweden and there's not a lot of 91-94 parts to find in good shape here. I have found fenders from a 94 explorer (the 2-door version) but it has the wheel well trim aswell as the rocker panel body trim. My questions are...
Back