Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

est. for repair cost

I have a real bad vibration in my 98 mountaineer. I been told I need u joint, tie rod ends, control arms. What do ya think this will set me back. Would it be a real pain in the ass to do it myself??? thanks
  2. S

vibration in 98 mountaineer

thanks I will do that. I'll post back with what I find
  3. S

vibration in 98 mountaineer

I have a 98 Mountaineer, AWD 5.0 125000 miles. I have a wierd vibration that starts a 30 mph and continues to get worse when I stay on the gas. It goes away when I let off the gas but comes back when I start to slow down to about 30 mph again. I just go the wheels balance. the alingment seems...
  4. S

wierd electricle probelm

When I turn on lights or uses other devices in my 95 explor, my cd player goes dimm. Also my auto locks won't lock when the doors are open. Anyone know what this may be?
  5. S

left turn signal 98 mounty

I just found out that when I ajust the wheel to the highest position, the signal works again. Weird huh, must be a loose wire
  6. S

what model is the 98 Mountaineer 5.0

I just wanted to know if I could look for 5.0 exploroer parts and not have to worry about them not fitting. Its a lot easyer to find ex parts than mounty parts
  7. S

what model is the 98 Mountaineer 5.0

what is its equal? Which model of explorer parts fit the same
  8. S

Exhaust right for me?

I have teh 5.0 98 mounty. I was jsut wandering what exhaust I should get. I dont want that redneck truck sound, I want a low rumble, nothing to crazy. What web sites shoud I go to?
  9. S

98 XLT sound system SUCKS!!!

would this be the same for a 98 mounty
  10. S

They work as parking lights. The turn signal uses a different filiment but the same bulb. I was thinking it was something other than the bulbs.
  11. S

Doesnt work. No flashing arrow, no lights, not even when I use the hazards. What could be the posible problems and how so I go about fixing it?
  12. S

98 99 mercury Mountaineer

Looking ot buy one with about 100 000 miles on it. Good idea? What should I look for when buying it, apart from the usual things you look at when buying used. Are there any specific things that stand out about the truck? What the max I should pay for it? (fully loaded)
  13. S

91 explorer edb

how much can you find tranmissions for and where would would I look.
  14. S

wher to buy a Fuel pressure regulator

any info wher I can find one on line or in a store?
  15. S

confused about fpr

what exactly is the fpr and how do you fix it cuz i am really lost so please help me
  16. S

O2 safe carburetor cleaner

what teh difference from reg carb cleaner and where can I get it
  17. S

spluttering

thanks for you help, I really apreciate it
  18. S

spluttering

I also remember some times when idleing, it will rev up and down by its self. Doesnt that point to MAS?
  19. S

spluttering

ok I jsut rediscoverd that it doesnt run fine in park if I slam the gas down fast
  20. S

spluttering

mas or maf
  21. S

spluttering

changed the plugs and wires, changed the fuel filter. It mad a difference to the way the car is running, BUT the problem still exist. It seems to get worse when the car is warm. Sounds and runs great when in park. Lo rpms run well, but when gas is pushed it splutters
  22. S

bad gas?

changed the plugs and wires, changed the fuel filter. It mad a difference to the way the car is running, BUT the problem still exist. It seems to get worse when the car is warm. Sounds and runs great when in park. Lo rpms run well, but when gas is pushed it splutters
  23. S

fuel filter

loaction on 91? Where should I look
  24. S

bad gas?

yea, I probably goin gto do plugs and wires as well as new fuel filter. I'll let you know whats up with it when its fixed.
Back