Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

5.0 Camshaft Specs

I would like to get a little more air in my cylinders and was wondering if there was somthing less drastic I could do besides replacing the cam. Would longer pushrods or different rocker arms help me?
  2. R

1" Heat Spacer Install- 5.0 GT-40 ( Upper Plennum Removal and Replacement)

Can someone provide me with the exact Summit racing part number for this spacer kit? Is this the one? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-51520020/overview/ For some reason, Summit racing doesn't list any of the trick flow spacers as a match for my 2000 Mountaineer. I just want to be...
  3. R

Tire Size and Speedometer Recalibration

I have an SCT tuner on my 2000 mountaineer. I tried to get James @ Henson Performance to recalibrate it for my new tires, but he said it wasn't possible on my model. What are my options?
  4. R

01 5.0--injector size?

I have a 2000 Mountaineer with the 5.0 liter engine as well. Right not I have a Magnaflow exhaust, Torque Monster headers, Cold air intake, and an SCT tuner. I only run 91 octane or above, though usually I'll run at least 93 octane. My question is, what are generally the benefits and...
  5. R

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Thanks, Shadowless. I actually already have an SCT programmer and it was in fact tuned by James. It was a pleasure dealing with him. I was just worried that the performance of the headers would be drastically limited by the stock cats.
  6. R

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Sorry, I didn't read through all 24 pages to see if this has already been asked, but has anyone had any trouble getting high flow primary cats to fit on the 302 engines? I finally got my Torque Monster headers in and visited my local exhaust shop who installed my magnaflow exhause and removed...
  7. R

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

Ah, gotcha. I was wondering what I was missing.
  8. R

What is supposed to be the point of header spaces? Just to add an extra inch to each pipe? Would the added performance justify the extra hassle?
  9. R

Well, since the truck has been paid off for years now, and all the money I'm throwing into it is just for fun anyway, cost efficiency really isn't my goal. That said, I don't have all the money in the world to spend on it either. I would like to have a daily driver, not a race engine so I'm...
  10. R

Hi guys. I'm new to these forums, but have been reading them for a while. Thanks for all of the great information. I have just ordered my Torque Monster headers for my 2000 AWD Mountaineer. In case anyone is wondering, the ownership of the company is apparently changing hands, but they...
Back