Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2002 Ford Explorer door ajar and alarm problem.

It will hit the switch. I sprayed my latch down last night, but the alarm kept going off, so ended up replacing the switch today. The old switch was pretty well coated with the WD40 I sprayed in there.
  2. T

2002 Ford Explorer door ajar and alarm problem.

Mine (daughters truck) is doing this now. When I had it, the alarm would go off randomly, mostly on cold nights. (not very common in Florida) I used the WD40 trick and that worked for about a year and a half. Yesterday her alarm went off 5 times while she was at school, and 4 time at home...
  3. T

4.6 Engine Cover

Not sure, but I took mine off of my 02 the first time I did something under the hood. Threw it away a long time ago.
  4. T

Labor cost for engine replacement?

I had a crate engine put in mine 2 years ago. All in it was $4500, but that included the cost of the engine itself. Had it back in 4 days once they got the engine delivered to the shop. This was not at a Ford Dealer, just a local mechanic. Mine is the 4.6L V8 also.
  5. T

How to get Better Gas Mileage?

Unless you live in a state that has no emmisions testing. I ran an off road x pipe on my Mustang that had no cats. Automatic fail in several states, not mine.
  6. T

Yup. Mine said I was getting 16.5, but when I did the math myself, I was a couple mpg higher than that.
  7. T

A/C only blows thru Defroster Vents

Honestly I just pushed mine in as far as it would go and then cut the excess off. It does go in pretty far.
  8. T

I drove a hybrid before getting the Exploder back from the wife. Driving a hybrid, you learn to stay off the gas as much, and to coast as much as possible instead of braking. Coasting charges the batteries faster than braking. When I first got the truck back I drove it a lot like I did my...
  9. T

How to: How to: Replace Sway Bar bushings (frame only)

If you can get under the truck to do it you can change them with the truck on the ground. I could not fit under mine. You don't need to take the sway bar off if you don't want too. I did the rear one side at a time and left it on. It is easier to get the bushing in place if you take it off. I...
  10. T

Here is a pic of the dowel in mine. It blends in really well sinse I painted it black. Most people don't even notice it unless I point it out to them. If your door won't open at all, this may not work. The dowel keeps it from closing and sending the air to the defrost vents.
  11. T

The dowel I use is like 12" long. It goes in pretty far. Just guy a 2ft long one at Home Depot or Lowes and cut it to size.
  12. T

Resetting the PCM after Repairs are made

I would go ahead and do the reset as in the video. I did a lot of work to my truck a few months ago since it was running rough. Even after replacing a ton of parts it was still running like crap. Guy at the auto parts store told me to reset, which is when I found this thread. After reset she ran...
  13. T

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

My 02 Expolder 4.6 is sitting at about 173000 miles. Original tranny, but I did have the engine rebuilt at about 152000. The timing chain tensioner shredded and went all into the engine. I did some upgrades to the engine while it was open to. It had a small leak in the plastic intake, so I...
  14. T

Vibration / Drag

My Exploder had this issue when my wife had the truck for a while. She never mentioned it to me until I got the truck back. I was getting ready to replace the diff oil and it suddenly just stopped doing this altogether. Wonder if it had something to do with her driving it like a 90 year old...
  15. T

My 02 Explorer Limited 4.6 started doing this a few weeks ago, but got real bad yesterday. Mine only does it under load, above 40 mph. Driving in town it never does it, but as soon as I get on the highway and gun it she starts to act up. A/C goes from the dash vents to the defrost vents. It was...
  16. T

Vibration / Drag

I've had the same issue in my 02 4.6 Limited 2WD. Mine did come with the tow package from the factory as well. I will have to check the clutch packs.
  17. T

How do I turn off the auto tint on my rear view on my 02 limited

Update on this. It's been a while. Ended up giving the truck to my Wife for 2 years and she didn't mind the auto tint thing. I hated it. Got the truck back a couple of weeks ago when we got her a new truck. I unplugged the connector on the back of the mirror. I did not loose my compass...
  18. T

Pulsating pedal, ABS problem, no ABS light

Good info here. My ABS light has been on since I bought the truck 2 1/2 years ago. I don't think my ABS works at all. Never did anything to try and fix it though.
  19. T

Power mirror help appreciated

Mine matched perfectly. Can't tell the difference between the drivers and passenger sides. There wasn't an option for me to replace just the glass. Neighbor kid was an idiot and hit it with a baseball bat.
  20. T

Power mirror help appreciated

I found a replacement drivers side mirror for my 02 Explorer Limited on Amazon.com for $25.
  21. T

Might have to do that. Don't care if I loose the compass, I never use that anyways since I have a GPS.
  22. T

So I have an 02 Explorer Limited 4.6L. It has an auto tinter function (don't know what else to call it) on the rear view mirror. There is a sensor that can tell when it's daylight or night on the mirror, and there is also an on / off switch. I hate it. I wear polarized prescription sunglasses...
  23. T

4.0 vs 4.6

I just made the switch from 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4.0L S6 to an 02 Explorer Limited V8. So much nicer interior, ride is better, and has a lot more power. I just bought mine Friday. The Wife still has her Jeep and wants an Explorer to now.
Back