Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Trailer hitch installation.

Well I was able to get some access holes by using 3 jigsaw blades, a crow bar, a hammer, 2 bloody knuckles, some burnt skin and a pair of plyers. Theres now a nice sized access hole in the frame UNDER the van on either side. I didn't realize that what I thought was an access hole was actually...
  2. G

Where exactly did you drill access holes? Because waking up this morning I have renewed strength. I have to get this done today before the trip. But I'm still baffled on how to get these darn things on. The reason I can't just drill and nut everything on. Is because there is no access to the top...
  3. G

I'm attaching an image to show what I'm talking about.
  4. G

so with the bumper off I realized the access hole to the frame is WAY to small to get the bolts in with the brace that the hitch requires. So I've cleaned up and given up for tonight. I'll start on it again tomorrow here. Any ideas on the access to the frame?
  5. G

I got the xlt model. I was finally able to remove those two bolts. But the thing still wouldn't budge. My wife, bless her soul came over and started going crazy on the thing. She ripped the rubber off the bumper with her bare hands and found two bolts I had missed on the under side. I removed...
  6. G

so I tried removing it again and it won't budge. I believe I found two bolts though hidden in the frame with two access holes just big enough for a ratchet that I will begin to remove next.
  7. G

Well I mean I removed 4 bolts in total, two on both sides. Sorry for my wording there, I can understand how it could be misunderstood, lol. I'm working on the bumper right now and trying to see if I can get her off of there.
  8. G

Well I have removed the two bolts on either side at the bottom of the bumper. But it seems as though something else is holding it in place. I have started to try and remove the outer parts of the bumper on the side of the van. But those too seem like there being held in place by something I...
  9. G

I bought a trailer hitch installation for my van today as I"m going on a long trip to Ohio from Oregon starting on the 2nd of August. I needed the trailer hitch to pull a 5x8 enclosed trailer filled to the brim with tons of stuff. My problem is after assembling the darndable thing (there was a...
Back