Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I had them try to update 3 times at the dealer 2 weeks ago. They said it fried my APIM. They ordered a new APIM and after 2 attempts and 6 hours of waiting, they were successful. Everything is good again and my IPhone 7+ works great!
  2. G

Shift to Park Warning

Finally Fixed! Finally the dealer replaced the shifter last week which has resolved the issue entirely. This only after 4 service appointments for the issue. Because I had the ESP, and the car is out of warranty, I only had to pay $100 deductible to have it done.
  3. G

Shift to Park Warning

In doing some research on this and still having this problem myself, I have found this diagram with instructions. Hope it helps those looking to do this repair themselves. http://www.2carpros.com/questions/removal-2012-ford-explorer-center-console-shifter-assy
  4. G

Shift to Park Warning

I have also found 2 new issues associated with this problem. In addition to getting the "Shift to Park" warning on the console, the seat will not slide back automatically until it is in park and you can not use the remote start feature because the car thinks it's not in park.
  5. G

Shift to Park Warning

Shift to Park Issue with Video I too am having this same problem. Have an appointment next week to address this and 3 other issues. Only 27K miles on this car. I believe this will be the last Ford I will ever own. Here is a video of problem: http://youtu.be/7ACPEIAzvBk[/URL
  6. G

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

I just bought these ATS Design running boards from autoelegance.com and paid $375 with the brackets. It took about an hour to install both sides. Really easy and they look great!
  7. G

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

1. Bug 2. 2012 Explorer Limited 4WD 302a 3. 189 Miles-2 days old 4. Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2 5. Had the car 2 days and got the black screen of death while in backup mode. Lost all functionality and won't reboot. Dealer tried hard reset 3x and got no response. Said they hadn't seen this...
Back