Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

my trial ends first week of March, so i gave them a call and first got $199 a year. when i said this was way to much they gave me a price of $86 + fees and taxes for just radio. I asked what's the total with fees and taxes and it comes to $107. still a lot for the little amount i listen to...
  2. S

2nd row bench with inflatable belts

that's funny because I bought this car for the room it had. I have 3month old twins so we needed room for two carseats and all the baby stuff. We got the bucket seats so people could get to the third row still. with the third row up there's still plenty of storage behind it for the stroller...
  3. S

Warning if you Remove the 2nd Row Console!

I do have car seats in both bucket seats (twins) :). I ordered the husky 3rd row mat that also comes up between the two bucket seats. there was a group buy in the modified section of the forum and got 40% off, was a great deal. I should have it by the end of the week.
  4. S

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

glad I saw this! just ordered and will probably get it by end of the week. great price thanks to whoever organized. got the 3rd row liner that also comes up between the bucket seats. I removed the console for easy access to 3rd row since i have to newborns and the bucket seats wont fold with...
  5. S

Entertainment screen glitch

Just sharing that this also happened to me. The screen froze and none of the buttons would work. I was getting something else serviced two days later so I figured I would wait until then, but that morning the screen reset and was functional again. there's other threads on here talking about...
  6. S

Warning if you Remove the 2nd Row Console!

I've been looking all over for a T avery T mat, and even when I got an avery vendor to order one they end up refunding me saying they can't obtain an explorer to get the dimensions...(YOU CAN BORROW MINE!) The mentioned above husky looks promising. I was afraid of the flex one as i doubt the...
  7. S

Water Leak

Seems to be only on 2011, anyone seen it on other years? I'll have to check mine next time it rains. Edgieguy, I got very similar service at my dealership although my initial issue wasn't a leak and they don't even care that they give bad service. although the finance guy praises them like...
  8. S

Favorite features

I too have the power folding third row, which I like. However I wonder if/when the motor goes out or something malfunctions if it's a must to have it fix for it to work. Will it be able to start working manually or if there is some work to switch them to manual that the dealership will have to...
  9. S

Favorite features

ahh yes, actually the way you can unlock and lock the car from the door handle without using the key or number pad is probably my favorite.
  10. S

Favorite features

Thought it would be fun to hear peoples favorite features. although some of them are options I'm still including them -cooling seats -dual sunroof -roomy third row and storage area -the amount of information and controls available from the steering wheel
  11. S

MTF screen frozen on 2013

lol battery probably way to go. My wife went into labor few days ago and had twins so i haven't had time to do it yet :P. I did try getting to the fuse box but couldn't get the cover off. there was one of the plastic plugs i was afraid to break. thanks for the feed back, hope to get it fixed...
  12. S

I found a youtube video of a guy showing to just pull the power cable from the fuse box instead. It looked a lot simpler to get to and you don't have to worry about dropping/losing the fuse. I haven't tried either yet but I will try to remember to report back afterwords.
  13. S

Hello, On my way home from work the MFT screen just froze when I was changing radio stations. I have a 2013 explorer limited. I've seen people talking about reseting it but I'm not able to figure out how to reset it. When I start the car it just pops up with the frozen screen. It doesn't...
  14. S

be careful ordering parts

I just wanted to share my experience to save others from the same mistake. I had my car in getting some warranty work done and I wanted to order a part along with the other parts they were already ordering. I looked the part up on fordparts.com and saw their price and gave the dealer the part...
  15. S

2013 Ford Explorer Vs 2012 Acadia Denali

This is the exact position I was just in 3 weeks ago. My wife if prego with twins and the car seats did not fit in my bmw 1 series so it was time for a new car. We wanted a suv but not a huge one and it had to have a third row so other people could fit or if we had more kids. the second row had...
  16. S

MPG on new Explorer body style

I have a 2013 FWD had it for 2.5 ish weeks. I reset one of the trips when I last fueled and I'm averaging 22.3. I just drive to and from work, so it's a mix of city and highway. I think the number will fluctuate based on peoples driving habits.
Back