Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

P0442 Evap Leak - 2006 Explorer XLT 4.0L

Thanks for reporting back, glad you got it squared away! I have replaced my vent solenoid with a dorman unit, maybe there's something to that! I used to have no problems with the aftermarket parts like this, but I just had two non-OE electrical parts not work out of the box on our Honda...
  2. B

Line82, did you replace the purge solenoid valve back by the tank? Did that fix your issue?
  3. B

Where abouts in the fuel neck? Could you see it visually? These newer models don't seem to have the plastic liner that caused problems on the older trucks. I did some serious snooping around my fuel neck and couldn't see anything wrong....but.... Who knows if I just couldn't see it....
  4. B

I don't think I can hep, but let be know if you figure it out! I replaced both the vacuum side solenoid and the purge one back by the fuel tank. Still have the code. .. must be a leak in some line somewhere. Dropped the tank, messed with the fill hose, couldn't find it. I have the dash...
  5. B

Gas Filler Neck P0455 code question

I have the same code and still troubleshooting it. The small leaks are definitely not obvious... I think you're talking about a plastic ring that is positioned around the filler neck and is only an assembly aid near as I could tell. The only purpose I could figure out was it seemed to hold...
  6. B

Replaced Wheel Bearing Still Noisy

From my experience, I think you got it backwards. When I've had them going out before, it gets louder when I'm turning "in" to the bad wheel. It loads up the outside wheel more in that way. So, if it gets noiser when you're turning left, that'd be the passenger side that's hosed. That's been...
Back