Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2001 Explorer Sport body mounts

I just put the 4009BK on my 2002 Sport last weekend. It will work just fine on your 03. They are what you'd expect of urethane bushings. A bit on the stiff side, but if you had 0 bushings like I did, its a world of difference. I followed a few of the stickies from the forum and they really...
  2. D

Q-Logic Box for Rear Storage Pocket in 02 Sport

Anyone know if the rear storage pocket of a 2002 Sport is the same as the 4 door 2nd gen? I ran across the Q-Logic subwoofer box that fits in that space and want to know if anyone has fit it on a Sport. Been looking for the dimensions of pockets for both trucks, but not easy to track down.
  3. D

02 Sport - Difficulty accessing winch to lower spare

JC: I tried that. It's at a far enough angle that the bar won't get back towards the winch. It only gets half way and I can see the scraping on the bar itself that tells me it only goes in so far. I'm going to try what swshawaii recommended of lifting the frame with a jack to see if it I can...
  4. D

All the mounts except for the front two under the radiator have disintegrated. I wouldn't doubt it, along with the fact the leafs look like they have flattened a bit. I'll give that a shot this weekend.
  5. D

Hi everyone, I'm trying to drop the spare since I will be working on the body mount bushings and a few other things in the vicinity. I noticed the access hole does not line up all the way to the winch to be able to engage and lower the spare. What can I do regarding that? I'm trying to...
  6. D

Rear Speaker Grilles 2002 Sport

Of course I spent weeks searching eBay and nothing. Thanks so much for the assist on this. :thumbsup:
  7. D

Rear Speaker Grilles 2002 Sport

I'm finding it near impossible to find the rear speaker grilles for my 02 Sport. When I bought it, the previous owner had put in Sony speakers with those horrific grilles that come with the Sony's. I'm in the process of restoring the interior and would like to cover that back up properly...
  8. D

Opinions on possible Sensatrac front / Reflex rear setup for Sport 02 RWD

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Firmer that stock but I want it to be even all around. It's too bad they don't make the Reflex for the front anymore or it would've been a quick decision. Leaning towards the KYB at this point. Once I get the shocks in I'll follow back up with my...
  9. D

Opinions on possible Sensatrac front / Reflex rear setup for Sport 02 RWD

Does anyone currently run, or ever try, a Sensatrac front / Reflex rear shock setup on a RWD Sport? I'm replacing OEM shocks and would like opinions on running that setup from anyone that has tried it. It's a daily driver that is not taken off road. I would have gone Reflex all around if they...
Back