Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Torque Converter Shudder

Thank you soooo much for sharing this info. My 2000 explorer had a rough shift into overdrive. Went to a trans shop to change the fluid and the filter. It didn't help much and after a few months the car developed a bad shudder going into overdrive if i had my foot in the accelerator anything...
  2. N

Splash guards?

I need to have a matching set otherwise it will drive me nuts lol. I'll end up with some universal flaps most likely.
  3. N

Splash guards?

Looks like I might have to. I'll pick up some universal flaps most likely and do exactly that.
  4. N

Splash guards?

Yup, no surprise... they are not even close to fitting. Ohh well. Thankfully they are returnable.
  5. N

Splash guards?

As I mentioned, it was an ebay item that I purchased. There was only one for sale so the auction is closed now. I'll take pics when I get them on the car. 94 -2002 FORD Explorer FRONT AND REAR Mud Flaps Splash Guards NOS Part A & C | eBay
  6. N

Splash guards?

I found a new ebay listing for new oem front and back guards for... 94-2002 explorers. Not sure if they will actually fit, but I pulled the trigger. Fingers cross they actually fit the car.
  7. N

Splash guards?

Honestly, I don't mind aftermarket at all. As long as they are made to fit the car. I found a ton for f150 trucks... nothing for this car though. I guess universal may be the only way to go at this point.
  8. N

Splash guards?

Thanks. I did find those before. It's so damn difficult to find a complete matching set :-/
  9. N

Splash guards?

Hey guys. I am having a hell of a hard time finding some splash guards/mud guards for my 2000 ford explorer eddie bauer. All I have found so far, were some universal pieces that seem to be hit or miss when reading the user reviews... What do you guys run? Pics? Links? My last explorer was...
  10. N

Steering wheel click/rattle noise

Did anyone ever find a definitive solution to this?
  11. N

Exhaust

Actually stock cats are EXTREMELY restrictive... I can't help on the xploder question, but i am a long time Mustang driver and OEM cats (unless they are the new generation cars) are VERY restrictive.
  12. N

5.0 Exhaust Thread

2000 5.0 with Flomaster Force 2 catback. The rest of the exhaust is stock. No revs, I couldn't record and rev since I couldn't place the camera on the ground since it was wet from the snow on the FIRST DAY OF SPRING IN NEW ENGLAND.... I hate new england... :/...
  13. N

Contour Fans wireing HELP!

Any luck on the wires man? I'm so antsy to get all this done up. Quick question on the actual wiring... where can I tap in for a ignition switched 12V power??
  14. N

Dood you kick so much ass. Even if they don't have one, the gesture is beyond appreciated! Thank you!
  15. N

Anyone have an electric fan on their 5.0 explorer?

I scored one for $10 after all :)
  16. N

Thanks for the reply, makes sense with the controler you listed. Problem here is I picked up the volvo relay controler, which will hook up to a bmw switch that turns on at low temp and then at higher temp it sends another signal. So it was suppose to utilize the stock dual speed of the contour...
  17. N

Hey guys, I am in the process of getting all my parts and knowledge on the electric fan swap... I need help though... the fan assembly I picked up yesterday has its wiring butchered and most of it is missing... For those of you that have the contour fans running how did you wire the fans up...
  18. N

So your connection goes dirrectly from the volvo controller to the two wire plug on the corner of the fan shroud? No nevermind that cant work like that
  19. N

The guy told me this was the only one he had... how does yours look? Does it use all the stock wireing? Where did you connect the controler to? i have a feeling i might ask for my money back.... (but they don't accept cash returns only store credit)
  20. N

My local junk yard f*ked me :( I got the fan, but they BUTCHERED the wireing on the fan! Most of it is missing :( I have no clue how to wire this thing in now damn it!
  21. N

The first piece of the puzzle showed up today :)
  22. N

hahaha :) no biggie! Just trying to get all this ready so that I'm all set to do the job next weekend. Job ahead: *Take off upper intake *remove valve covers and replace the leaky piece of crap gaskets *Replace the PCV grommet and actually put a PCV valve in it (I just found out yesterday mine...
  23. N

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=2097&pictureid=15840 Everywhere I find any info on this mod, they are saying the sensor uses a 14mm x 1.5 thread not a 3/8. I'll have to see once my sensor comes in and double check it so I don't ruin my thermostat housing lol :) So...
  24. N

Mac cai

Damn you went through a lot of trouble for a "cold ait intake" :) I like the sound and the throttle response from CAIs... I will grab the MAC eventually just for that :) Unless it causes problems, I will be happy with it i'm sure.
Back