Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Hello All, I'm writing to update everyone on my Nav performance since having the GPSM replaced and having the GPS roadtest reprogrammed earlier this week. I am delighted to say that after a few days of driving in both rural and urban areas surrounding Toronto, I have had no problems. The...
  2. J

Somebody wrote to me here asking how long the GPSM replacement appointment took. it was very quick. In and out in under 3 hours. My dealer provides exceptional service.
  3. J

"A N D" says PIZZA today. Does this forum use MFT technology?
  4. J

Just noticed that the forum is replacing the word "AND" ,i.e., & with "PIZZA" today - that's funny!
  5. J

Hi all, Just got back from the dealer. So far, so good. The nav appears to be tracking me propertly now. But, I haven't really road tested it at higher speeds (over 50mph), which is when it consistently malfunctioned before. I'll try it out tonight and report back. FYI - My dealer...
  6. J

Hi all, My vehicle is at the dealer today to have the GPS in-dash antenna unit/module replaced, given the fact that my vehicle apparently doesn't qualify for the reprogramming procedure that the TSB mandated. I'm crossing my fingers that today's repair can address the problem. But, it is...
  7. J

REBECCA - Thank you for your reply. I have sent a private message to you with my VIN number as you requested. I look forward to hearing from you with any advice you can provide to me.
  8. J

WiEx - I'm glad that the reprogramming step has corrected your Nav system. I contacted my dealer to try to understand why my Explorer with the identical problem, built at the same time (Nov 2012), is apparently not eligible for the same repair. All they can say is that upon hooking my...
  9. J

Thank you for this info WiEx. I'm really confused why the TSB doesn't apply to my 2013 vehicle, built before the stipulated date. REBECCA - Please weigh in on Monday on why my dealer is unable to follow the GPSM reprogramming step outlined in the TSB and whether or not replacement of the...
  10. J

Thanks for your message WiEx. I wasn't aware that the TSB applies to vehicles built before Jan 15, 2013. I don't understand why my dealer is indicating that my vehicle is already current. i"m very confused why the TSB says one thing and the dealer is telling me something else. Good luck...
  11. J

Hi Everyone, My dealer called me later in the afternoon on Friday. Apparently, in light of the fact that the TSB reprogramming doesn't apply for my Q4, 2012 vehicle build date, Ford Engineering has instructed my dealer to replace the GPS module antenna instead in an attempt to rectify the...
  12. J

AARRRGGGHHH! Well everyone, I'm no further ahead. I went to my York Region, Ontario dealer today to have them perform the GPSM reprogramming according to TSB 13-03-11. After they took my vehicle into the shop and hooked it up to their computers, they told me that they got a message that reads...
  13. J

Hi all, I'm very happy to hear that a GPSM reprogramming solution has been developed. Thank you Rebecca and the team at Ford for addressing this matter. My dealer also proactively contacted me today to inform me of this. So, I was very pleased to see that the dealer is also on top of this...
  14. J

This message is for Plumbago. I'm curious. What other problems have you experienced with your new 2013 Explorer, beyond the navigation system issues. Other than this, we haven't had any problems or issues with the vehicle. It's my wife that drives it day-to-day, and her only other complaint...
  15. J

I am a long time Ford buyer, having come from a Ford family (father worked for Ford for 37 years before retiring). I have owned and driven only Ford products since the mid eightees, and have always vigorously defended Ford to anyone that has spoken badly about Fords or North American vehicles...
  16. J

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for your posting today. I am the fellow that started this thread in the forum, and it has been great receiving everyone's feedback on their similar problems with their navigation systems. I am delighted to hear from you as an official Ford representative. I have been...
  17. J

Hi all, The saga continues I see. Thank you everyone for your posts. It certainly seems that I am not alone with this. I consider my nav system to be completely useless and we simply never use it now because, in fact, we find it so distracting that it is actually potentially dangerous to...
  18. J

Hi all, Just to update everyone, I still haven't heard back from the dealer/Ford on this issue. I am starting to think that there is no hope in sight here. As you know, I previously posted the link to a DrivingTelevision.ca video clip review of the 2011 Ford Explorer in which the commentators...
  19. J

Hi everyone. Just to update all of you, I took the Explorer to my local dealer in York Region Ontario Canada last week to attempt to diagnose/repair the Navigation issue. The dealer's techs drove the vehicle and came back saying that they've never seen a navigation system acting up this badly...
  20. J

2013 Explorer Headrest DVDs

Hi Everyone. Just to update all of you, I finally got the headrest DVDs installed in my Explorer. Ford of Canada informed me that there was nothing they could do for me, because they "do not have a vendor currently". So, the only option they could offer me was for the dealer to refund my...
  21. J

Thanks for offering to send the instructions to me Sgt. I have sent a PM to you as suggested.
  22. J

Hi everyone. Here's the latest update. The Ford Customer Service manager called me again today to tell me that there's nothing they can do for me, but, the dealer can refund my purchase price (+ tax and interest) for the DVD units. Customer Service is maintaining their explanation as Ford...
  23. J

Thank you everyone for your replies. One reply suggested that I call Ford of Canada. I did so and was ultimately trasfered through to a Customer Service Manager. She has told me that Ford does not currently have a vendor for the headrest DVDs and cannot give me a estimated date for rectifying...
  24. J

Thank you to everyone for replying to my posting. Can anyone tell me what exactly the 3.5.1 update refers to? My 2013 Explorer's navigation system currently relies on the SD Card that is inserted in the SD slot. The card says that it is running version A4. I recently came across a review of...
  25. J

I just bought a new 2013 Ford Explorer (Limited edition), ordered direct from the factory. When driving with the map displayed on the screen, I notice that the arrow tracking my vehicle frequently tracks of course from the road I am driving on. This happens primarily upon turning a corner onto...
Back