Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2014 Sport Headlights, HID or not?

Big reason I ended up buying X3 over explorer were the adaptive xenon lights on X3 and you can't get "factory anything light upgrade" from Ford. Other reason was dealers didn't care enough to call me back and sell me a car.
  2. T

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

That's a beautiful cobra, you should drive it without the hood so everybody can see that shiny engine bay.
  3. T

Rear Windows

Do the rear windows on the sport go all the way down?
  4. T

Explorer Sport Questions

Thank you all for the great feedback this info is much more valuable then the countless videos and reviews which i've read. 1) I can't get a price for maintenance without VIN, but I would reason it's cheaper to do it outside of dealer. 2) I'm surprised that I may have 'space' issues with...
  5. T

2014 order dates for the Explorer

I have also read that the 2013 HID were an improvement. Are you saying the Explorer Sports Halogens are no better then your Highlanders Halogens or the 2011 HID's? FYI - I upgraded my Rav's halogens with Philips HIR2 9012 which helped a bit.
  6. T

Car seats question

Thank you for the info gpzrider. I wanted to avoid the captain chairs since i prefer the option of having an extra seat but it seems like the middle seat is not very usable. I guess I can place the rear facing seat on passenger side since they are simple to remove and then slide that seat...
  7. T

2014 Explorer

The 2013 JGC with 3.0 diesel 240hp/420tq due next month looks very interesting. I'm debating between that and the explorer.
  8. T

Any chance they might offer HID lights instead of crapogen for 2014?
  9. T

Looks like sync updates should be backwards compatible We have been working directly with Ford to deliver a safe, convenient, voice-activated in-car music solution for your car. And soon you’ll be able to access our huge catalogue on the move by voice control, while keeping your hands on the...
  10. T

Explorer Sport Questions

I was leaning toward maintenance package so that dealer will have records that all the maintenance was done. I don't like taking chances toward end of lease where dealer might ding me for not sticking with schedule. On my audi and toyota it was cheaper to buy the maintenance package then to pay...
  11. T

Explorer Sport MPG

Saw those but was hoping to make a specific sport mpg thread.
  12. T

Car seats question

Please expand on the "rigidity of the inflatable buckle"? I'm looking at my best setup for 35 lb 5 year old in a Britax 85 and a 5 week old in a maxi cosi rear facing seat. I would prefer 2nd row bench over captain seats, possibly using middle seat belt to hold the rear facing seat and the...
  13. T

Explorer Sport MPG

Quoted MPG is 16 city and 22 highway, I would assume avg is 19. What's your Miles/gallons pumped Percent city/hwy Computer mpg Octane gas
  14. T

Explorer Sport Questions

One month left on my 2010 Rav lease and im very close to buying a sport and have a few questions. 1) Trying to figure out if its better to buy maintenance package if one is offered? Looks like maintenance schedule for 45k lease would include: 5 Oil changes every 7500-10000k 2 cabin filters...
Back