Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

4x4 wont engage, light comes on

I doubt it was modified but i will look around. Ive owned it for 4 years now and the last owner was an older guy. The ABS light comes on when starting the car but goes off like normal after a second. I know for a fact the 4wd worked when I first purchased it. I found out the hard way it...
  2. G

Which thread are you referring to? I tried testing the brown wire where it enters the transfer case. I had no voltage there. Which fuses should I check? What would I test next?
  3. G

Thanks for that link XLTrunner, very insightful after reviewing this article https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203441 I thought that the shift motor is not responsible for locking the transfer case? And replacing the shift motor wont fix my problem? When in Auto...
  4. G

I have a 99 explorer xlt 4.0l sohc The light for the 4x4 will come on but it will not engage. When the front is lifted and axle turned by hand with car off, the wheels spin opposite. When ignition is on and 4x4 is turned from auto to high, light turns on but the front axle still rotates...
Back