Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery

Very nice blacks & white & gray.
  2. U

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

I just heard about this earlier today and I just went on owner.ford.com and checked it out with my VIN and sure enough the recall for the power steering is listed. What's weird is I have a 2011 and have to this date never encountered any issues with the power steering. But I'm still making an...
  3. U

Lowering the Explorer

Received my springs from TR 2 days ago. Finally. Ordered them at the beginning of Feb so had to wait a bit for them. Should be getting them installed tomorrow. Can't wait to get it back already...
  4. U

Lowering the Explorer

Those measurements look good. The pictures look good. The drop looks good. Hearing that your alignment is within specs is really good. Not too low like I've seen on others. Everything is just...good! :thumbsup: Hoping to get my Explorer fitted springs next month from Tirerack as well. Your...
  5. U

Lowering the Explorer

Any updates on the pictures with SilverStallion's lowering? Just an FYI, I placed an order for the H&R Springs via Tire Rack and they used to show an available date of today - 2/14, but they are now on back order.
  6. U

K&N Intake

First Time For Me I ordered a K&N air filter for my 2011 Explorer and received it yesterday. I just installed earlier today. Funny thing after reading some of the comments on the forum, is that after I installed the K&N filter, I was at a car shop to get my wife's car, told the manager of...
  7. U

Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!!

List 2012+ so why not 2011+ ? Are the headlight housings on the '11 that much different than the '12 - '14 ones?
  8. U

Grill...to paint or to plasti-dip...that is the question

Good points. I've had my front grille plasti-dipped for about 4 months now and it's holding up pretty good. It's already been through multiple car washes as well and still good. I've had my wheels dipped even longer. Come next month, my wheels will be covered in plastidip for an entire year...
  9. U

Grill...to paint or to plasti-dip...that is the question

I've thought about both options as well. Since I was unsure and still wanted to see how the grille would look in black, I ended up going the Plasti-dip route.
  10. U

Black as night

Excellent work all around! The hard work paid off and it shows! Nice pick on the rims too, good style that you went with for it really goes well with your ride. Quick question for you, prior to you painting the roof rack and grille, did you do some light sanding on them or you just went...
  11. U

Lowering the Explorer

I also keep forgetting to ask this, but why is it after this long that the new Explorer has been out, that no other company has made any aftermarket lowering springs for it?
  12. U

Lowering the Explorer

Looks nice 46and2. Yes the lowered stance has such a big visual difference than a stock height. Also, what percentage film did you use for your lights? You preferred to go with film over a tint spray?
  13. U

Lowering the Explorer

Bstollmaier, that looks freaking nice. Like you said, not everyone's cup of tea, but I'll drink that tea any day! I'm guessing that's a 2" drop?
  14. U

Lowering the Explorer

Not sure, but have there been any updated pics posted after the ride was lowered with 24s? Interested to know if the Flex springs installed with no problems and difficulties on your Explorer since they are the same springs used.
  15. U

Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!!

Outstanding job on all of your mods! I applaud the tiny details such as the black pinstriping. Your wheels also match your vehicle nicely. There are other Explorers with rims on them that don't look good, but I like the ones you have on yours for it goes good with the color scheme of your...
  16. U

Another question

That's some good work on the grille.
  17. U

Plasti dipped grille

Nice work you did. I've been contemplating about dipping my front grille as well for the past few months as I have a few cans of Plastidip. Like the blue as well. Is that a Kona Blue? Prior to getting my '11 Explorer, I originally was looking at the Kona Blue but none of the dealers in my area...
Back