Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

PTU Problems

Here is my update again: the Ex is fixed in one day and this time it was a bad output speed sensor (OSS) which caused funny tranny behavior. I complained again that I need pay for the rental and this time the warranty manager from the dealership says they will pay for my rental bill; she...
  2. Y

PTU Problems

Crystal, I have sent you a PM. Thanks for help.
  3. Y

PTU Problems

Want to give you guys some update: This morning I dropped off the car to the dealership and they will not have anymore look at it today. I think, OK let me get a rental again and hope will get the reimbursement like last time. I got the rental, went to office and called Ford customer service...
  4. Y

PTU Problems

what a JOKE! Ok, it is me again coming back to let you know how my Explorer is doing: bad news: the same issue comes back again, exact one month past the fix. It happened 40 minutes ago when I push the gas pedal to accelerate, same warning signs, same strong transmission kick when I stop to...
  5. Y

Burning oil, aka "Sulfur smell" TSB FAILED

That's me who reported PTU seal leaking and it has been fixed. But even before the fix, I had no problem with the bad small in the cabin that you guys has experienced. Just FYI. I think I'm just lucky not having the problem but I do have others like A pillar rattle, bumpy tranny, overheated...
  6. Y

2013 Explorer Power Steering Light - A little ANGRY!!!

Zipper84 Firstly you can call Ford Canada customer service to seek help to get you a rental. They gave me one for a warranty fix just in the past weekend. Secondly, I was also frustrated that a car in its first few years under warranty need be towed for fix. I was lucky that I didn't have my...
  7. Y

PTU Problems

My car has been fixed yesterday and I've picked it up. They replaced one gasket and two seals and filled up the PTU fluid. I will watch it more closely. Ford customer service manager also called to follow up. I still have the concern if the problem will come back again after reading...
  8. Y

PTU Problems

Another PTU seal leaking - 2011 XLT All, I just want to share my story and seek some advise. What I have is a XLT AWD which is 2 years old and has 23k miles on it. My XLT was built in Jan. 2011. Last Friday, when drove my XLT at 30mph, suddenly a 'Fuel Level LOW, _ _ mil to Empty' warning...
Back