Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Traffic Coloring on Route goes Away

Just got home from a long trip and at one pt we were stuck in a 15+ mile backup on 95N in NC. We were using the nav with a destination and we did have yellow and red lines along our route. We also had the little yellow tags to indicate traffic. However when we went to sirius traffic info in...
  2. N

How much gas left after the gauge says 0 miles??

Fuel gauge I just took a 1300 mile long trip in my 13 ex. I've read the manual and noted that the tank is 18.6 gal and keeps a few gal in reserve, about 2 I believe. I ran the tank pretty empty before I would refuel usually around 25 miles to empty. I was getting about 21mpg (avg almost...
  3. N

Trailer Hitch

Thx for the info.
  4. N

Trailer Hitch

I didn't get the tow package so why do I have a trailer sway option on the left driver panel. Should it be left on or off or does it not matter?
  5. N

Nav System

Remember the automatic seat belts on the track that would slide across when u closed the door, lets hope they don't bring those back. I know people who would slip the buckle from the middle seat on a front bench into the driver side latch to quiet the chimes, can't do that anymore. Unfortunately...
  6. N

Nav System

My old MDX allowed for unrestricted use of the nav that was nice. My suburban for work doesn't allow use over 3mph. Wish the pass airbag was some how linked, if there is enuf weight on the seat then use of the nav would b enabled. Im sure there are those out there that would pack stuff on the...
  7. N

iPhone 5 works great with MFT

Had to get gas in wife's ex so I got to drive it. Both iPhone 4S's one with 6.1.2 one with 6.1.3 show text msg on MFT. It stays up for a few seconds with options and then it's only available on right side driver display. It will text responses but only the pretyped msgs. As previously...
  8. N

Adding Bluetooth..?

hatred, The ford.com website has the 13' on their but you can't order one anymore. You can build what you like and then search dealerships for that 13 or wait til 14's are available. The basics will be the same and I think you can order a 14 from the dealer. On a very basic level when you see...
  9. N

2013 myford touch voice recognition does not work with ANY contacts from my iphone4s

My friend has a 13 fusion and his mft wouldn't recognize phone book entries because he had emoji's and other characters in the phone book names !;-!?. Same thing it would download but because they r characters and not letters, (remember emoji's show up as :) instead of a smiley face) it can't...
  10. N

Aux Power Points

Thanks for the info. My wife was very nervous about leavin one plugged in while at work or overnight etc. they're all verizon or apple products(not that that means they're not faulty). The only bad aspect of the new truck is a non issue. Thx again.
  11. N

Wind Buffeting Noise When Window Open!!!

I agree with 1995E. Happens with new EX old MDX and my volvo. Only happens when just the rears are lowered, goes away when the fronts are opened a bit. I've spent my fair share in a blackhawk and its the same as sitting in the back right side, can be unbearable at times.
  12. N

Aux Power Points

Page 200 of the owners manual talks about the aux power pts or charging points. It says not to leave charging cords plugged in overnight because it could drain the battery. Why do these not turn off when you turn the car off or after the radio shuts off etc like in most cars. If nothing is...
  13. N

Second row buckets.. Do you like them?

Buckets with console. Console adds storage for kids stuff and more cup holders. Buckets get power fold so its quick and easy. I agree that the buckets add a bit to the look as well.
  14. N

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

I bought the 7yr/100k extended plan which was $2500 and got them to knock off $300 by just asking if the price was negotiable. She said it is and most people just don't ask. Have other options lined up with #'s, they want your $$ and as with pitting dealers against each other try will do what...
  15. N

2nd row bucket seats

Needed to replace my MDX and went about the whole car shopping a little different. Looked at MDX, EX, Volvo xc90, highlander and Buick. I have two kids 14 and 8. Just had my son sit in the back of them all, at 6'4" and size 15 shoes we needed something he can grow into. The sliding buckets give...
  16. N

New 2013 Limited questions

Sounds like one more thing I wanted but don't have. Oh well my old truck didn't have any lines or a camera so this is a huge step up. Other thing I noticed is the noise the high beams make when turned on, I guess their design is to work with the auto off high beam. My wife said there are things...
  17. N

New 2013 Limited questions

This is my first post as an Explorer owner and I have some questions. 1. I have a 2013 limited with 301a, blis, bucket seats with console. Why don't I have the active lines that move with the steering wheel while in reverse. I have the two color coded fixed lines and the center line but not...
  18. N

What should I pay for a Limited?

Is that FWD or 4WD, just the 301a pkg? I paid more than that but had 4WD buckets/console and bliss. No roof, trailer pkg or polished wheels.
  19. N

Before I chose i need some help - XLT or Limited - Read first

Yeah I know it's old and the new my' doesn't come out til 14 as a 15 so it's even worse than you say. Way too long for my MDX to go. All irrelevant now since my Limited should be along in another 4 weeks I hope. As for the original question my brother in law has an '11 xlt and he wishes he had...
  20. N

I'm trading in an 02 MDX with 159k. They're offering me $6500. We were between this and a 13 Volvo XC90 which came with 5yr free mntce etc and they offered $6500 as well for the trade. The gm wanted to know what he had to do to get me to forget the Volvo, I have a friend that owns Volvo...
  21. N

I ordered my limited 301a, bliss, rear buckets with console 4wd about 4 weeks ago. Wanted the hid's and my wife wanted the wipers found on the 302 but didn't want to spend another 3k for that. She would walk for miles to avoid parallel parking with or without the assistance. Bucket seats are...
  22. N

Pizza??

It's replacing (a n d). Making me hungry.
  23. N

Michelin Tires

My 02 MDX that I am replacing with a 13 Limited on order is on its second set of Michelin Cross Country OE. I have over 150k miles on the MDX and rotated them every oil change. Realistically they should have been changed 10k ago but not wasting the money with a new truck on the way. Overall...
  24. N

Average build time?

I did. If i choose the 301 package and then continue to option and choose the HID headlamps or rain sensing wipers a popup window says if you want this you need to delete 301 and add 302 for an additional $3k. Wasnt sure if there was more freedom from the package groupings if I had it built.
Back