Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 3

Vaccumm leak and running poorly

well i got lucky and it only took me about 2 minutes to find the loose hose. theres a big distribution block thingy that gets vaccum from the manifold, and one of the hoses pulled off it. THANKS! :thumbsup:
  2. 3

Vaccumm leak and running poorly

Hey, yesterday when i started up my 94 it turned over but didnt catch for a second, and then when it restarted i heard a hissing like a vaccumm leak. its running, but has a really rough idle and will die if left in gear without giving it a little gas. then once it warms up it idles very fast...
  3. 3

MAF's different from 91-94?

Thanks Doug! I put it on this morning and on my 180 mile drive home it seems to have drastically improved my gas mileage. Hopefully it will stay this way.
  4. 3

MAF's different from 91-94?

Hey guys, quick question. The MAF in my 94 has been giving me trouble occasoinally, I saw the thread on here about cleaning it with denatured alcohol, and that made it a lot better, but sometimes it still throws the MAF code and acts up. So i was in the junkyard today to get a new tail light...
  5. 3

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

Another Method First of all, I would like to say thanks to Brain for this writeup. I took my malfunctioning shift motor off today and replaced the bushing that was broken into 5 pieces with a piece of rubber hose, as was mentioned above. (also thanks to whomever mentioned that)...
  6. 3

91-94 Rear Disc Upgrade ?s

Thanks a lot, that link was very helpful. Unfortuately I couldnt find a 95+ X in the yard today, but hopefully sometime next week I can get to another larger yard. I'm sure i'll have more questions about it later. Thanks again. Sorry, i dont have any pics of the stang on this computer.
  7. 3

91-94 Rear Disc Upgrade ?s

Hey guys, I did a search on this but couldnt turn up a whole lot of info about it. I would like to change over to disc brakes on the rear, but I'm not sure what all I will need to change. First off, I read in another thread that all the 8.8in rear housings have the same outter flanges...
  8. 3

High milage explorers?

94 XLT 4.0 - 173k and change - trans was replaced before i bought it i'm sure its had shocks and balljoints at some point, or it wouldnt ride as well as it does. since i've owned it - feb 03 - EGR system - brakes - tires - factory radio crapped out - small PS leak, just gotta top...
  9. 3

Removing factory amp from 94

yeah, i think i'm going to remove the whole panel, see if there's room for my old amp back there, and if so maybe i'll mount my old rockford 10" back there. The factory sub is a 10, correct?
  10. 3

the hairdryer sounds like a good tip, i'll give that a go tomorrow, they were really brittle tonight when i was working on them.
  11. 3

Thanks, so then do you use that to pull the whole tab/plug out?
  12. 3

Hey, i got my HU installed today, and need to get at the factory amp to bypass it. now how the hell do you get those little round cap things that hold the inner panel on? Do you just pull on them, is there a tool or something? I searched like crazy with no results. Thanks
  13. 3

factory HU removal Q's

Hey, thanks guys. I took it by a stereo shop and since they werent busy a guy there pulled it for me, and even with the tools it took him a good ten minutes. Now i'm just waitin on some parts to bypass the amp and whatnot.
  14. 3

factory HU removal Q's

thanks any idea where i can buy the correct tools?
  15. 3

factory HU removal Q's

Hey guys, i'm new here, and i'm having some trouble removing the factory CD player in my 94 expy. I've changed ford units before, so i know that you have to stick nails or coathangers in the 4 little holes to pull the unit out. But I cant seem to get this one to come out. It seems to be...
Back