Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

9 LED install I just installed the 9 LED dome lights and they are nowhere near "touching" the plastic. Just be sure to tuck everything back in nicely and all will fit perfect.
  2. M

2011 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD. Noise in the front wheel.

I too had this problem for some time on my 2013 EX. after three trips and a call to Ford, I can say that the knocking noise is completely gone. From what I was told the replaced both front "axles" I'm sure I have a list of parts but don't have it with me now.
  3. M

New iphone update iOS 8.0

IPhone 5s, ios 8. 2014 X It worked well right after the update but today I had a few problems where MFT would not recognize my phone and did not automatically start playing. I restarted my phone and it went back to normal.
  4. M

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

My iPhone4 was working fine with iOS 7 but after the first update to iOS 7 it stopped playing video on my MFT
  5. M

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

Using the A/V cables
  6. M

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

On iPhone screen: " cannot at video" The following video source is not supported
  7. M

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

I tried watching netflix on my MFT and now my iPhone/iOS 7 says it does not support this video player! Help?!
  8. M

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

I've read this darn thing over and over and I'm now becoming overly frustrated, so rule of thumb; I will tow according to what it says on the driver side door sill. Thank you all
  9. M

Not seeing it So I read through the towing chapter of the ford manual and the specifications do not say anything about a drop in tow capacity ( that I saw). My xlt 7 passenger 3.5v6 class 3 is rated at 5020. 3500lbs + with weight distributor.
  10. M

Where does it state that towing capacity would drop using an aftermarket hitch? I've researched it and have not been able to find anything official except for ppl here in the forums. Does anyone have the actual document where this is stated? If so can you please post? Thx
  11. M

I spoke with the people over at Curt Manufacturing and they said the tow capacity would not drop to 2000lb by using an aftermarket hitch. I wasn't trying to purchase anything and I imagine they know their own product. As for the oil cooler, I'll be installing an aftermarket on and for the...
  12. M

DMB Graphics Overlays

I have the black font on red background and it looks great. The only thing I'm noticing though; they are both slowly beginning to peel. Do you guys know of any non-permanent glue or adhesive I could use? I like the red on black btw.
  13. M

Custom Explorer bumper idea

That is a great looking pic. I would definitely go for something like it.
  14. M

Adventures in Plastic Dipping

I have a question about your grill. The part where there are tiny holes, did you just spray over them or did you somehow cover them up so as not to get the spray into the "mesh" inside? Thank you. I plasti dipped my X as well (Ruby Red) and the Red on black looked awesome but I left the portions...
  15. M

Ford Explorer HID Conversion Kits (problem?)

Didn't realize it had been posted but thank you for the help none the less. I noticed you're in L.A. Whereabouts? I'm in Silver Lake. Thx again
  16. M

Ford Explorer HID Conversion Kits (problem?)

My factory lights are xenon lighting, if I change to an hid kit will it void my warranty?
  17. M

iPhone text message alert tone

Hello everyone, I am new to this site as this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer XLT. I have an iPhone 4 and at first I was having problems with the text messaging feature but after several tries It began working. I now receive audible and visual alert(MFT screen) for any...
  18. M

iPhone text message alert tone

iPhone 4 text recognition and audible alert. Hello everyone, I am new to this site as this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer XLT. I have an iPhone 4 and at first I was having problems with the text messaging feature but after several tries It began working. I now receive...
Back