Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. RandyF70

2004 4.6l with hard accelerator pedal

I just recently purchased a 2004 Limited AWD 4.6l and the accelerator pedal is slightly hard to press and it makes the truck jump upon initial takeoff from a stop. It's throttle by wire so there's no cable that's binding and I see no sensitivity adjustment. When I press it by hand it feels even...
  2. RandyF70

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I'm done! If she ever actually DOES call me back I'm going to demand that my deposit be returned. It has been almost 4 months since I made the initial payment and I have not heard a damn thing even when I send her a message. I tried to call to call the shop but nothing. I'm in charge of 100...
  3. RandyF70

Okay, its been just over two months since I've given my deposit and still no headers not even a return text. My truck is done being painted this week. I was hoping to have them installed before going to the body shop.
  4. RandyF70

V8 Limited Radio Bezel

Is this still for sale?
  5. RandyF70

Parting out 97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD with Gray leather interior

Do you have the front bumper cover and fog lamps?
  6. RandyF70

Comment by 'RandyF70' in media '4 sale stuffs'

How much for the headlamps?
  7. RandyF70

Explorer Express Supercharger Kit 5.0 V8

I've been searching for anything that I could install on mine, but if I could get one of these it would be awesome. If not I'll probably just toss a streetable 331 or 347.
  8. RandyF70

What's a reasonable time to wait after giving the deposit? I gave Erica the deposit on April 25th but told her that I understood that they were behind on filling orders and that I wasn't in a rush, however I tried contacting her the other day about the status of my order and she still hasn't...
  9. RandyF70

Erica took my deposit yesterday and said it should be about 4 weeks to have them done. She put part of the delay on the place that does the ceramic coating.
  10. RandyF70

How many miles on your 5.0?

My 97 has over 200,000 and doesn't burn or leak oil. Synthetic oil changes at every 5k goes a long way.
  11. RandyF70

Harsh Ride

Mine IS lowered 2" on the rear also. The condition does not seem to be happening in the rear at all. I have NOT installed shorter shocks and I had cosidered that may be the issue. How would I go about ordering shorter absorbers? I was going to put new ones on all 4 corners anyway, the rears will...
  12. RandyF70

Harsh Ride

Mine is doing the same exact thing. Mine is a '97 2WD Explorer 5.0 lowered about 2" in the front but have 235/75R17 up front (275/55R17 in rear). I cut my bump stops and it doesn't look like I am hitting them. I could use new shocks but just like in the original post it feels like the wheel is...
  13. RandyF70

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

I'm new!!!! Been lightly on the forum for a month now but just became Elite today. I've added some pictures of my XLT. It seems like I'm part of the smaller 2WD group plus mine has been lowered a couple of inches, but I've already gained a lot of info! Thanks
  14. RandyF70

SKURZ, I just sent my request in!!! I'm dying to see how they work out on my clean 97 (200,000+ mile) X
  15. RandyF70

Front wheel bearings

Can you replace the typical bearing and race style hub and rotor with a sealed unit and floating rotor? I know some Chrysler SUVs will use a single nyloc nut to hold the sealed unit in place, maybe the newer models use this set-up and can be adapted to a '97 2WD.
  16. RandyF70

I'm new to this forum! I saw that you had intended to finish the deal at the beginning of Feb. Is it done?
Back