Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

02 Xls 4.0 slight rough idle

Ok here's an update.. I could not find any damaged vacuum hose that could be causing this issue. The one hose that I thought could be causing the issue, I unplugged an capped the hole on the intake and it still had that little stumble at idle. I thought about changing the PCV valve, but there is...
  2. L

Yea I saw that page about the ecu flash. I don't think that's it since I never really noticed that rough idle before the tune up. I could be wrong though. I will try that hose coming from the evap system as well as look for that other hose with the bend. I would like to think it is a hose...
  3. L

Is that even the same engine?
  4. L

No its a 4door xls. Now I saw that thread before, but that picture is so up close I don't have anything in that picture that I can reference.
  5. L

I have a 02 xls 4.0 with 105k on it and it has a slight rough idle. Its nothing major that really anyone would notice, but I do. I'm used to a smooth idle with cars and this is not my only car. All of the following was changed in May at about 102k. Plugs (oe), fuel filter (oe), wires (autolite I...
  6. L

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

I would like to thank the members for the informative information in this post. I just went ahead and changed both control arms since, I was able to get them from advance auto for $44 each. You can't beat that price for a whole new set of control arms. I also think that route is easier as...
  7. L

Greasing the slip yoke: How-to

I have a 3rd gen same boot but looks a little bigger.. How in the world are you guys getting those clamps off with the car jacked up?? I've been trying for about an hr and can't even get a screwdriver under them enough to pry them up. Am i missing something here??
  8. L

02 XLS Transmisson mount

I have been looking on this site for awhile and found a lot of helpful info. I have an XLS 4wd. Now I have search for this and have not come up with anything. I get this issue when I first accelerate and rite after I come to a stop, I get this lurching feeling forward and backward. If feels like...
Back