Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

dash or engine off unless short starter relay on inner fender

In order to reach that area of the steering column you need to unbolt two screws one on each side of a retaining silver braket that holds the steering column up. Then the ignition switch will be easy to reach. Thank you for the advice im going to checkif its securely attached to the connector.
  2. K

dash or engine off unless short starter relay on inner fender

My explorer used to start with the key inthe ignition, untill it malfunctioned. The switch will turn on the dash but would not crank the engine. So i decided to short the inner fender starter relay with my key on the on possition for the car to crank and turn on. It was successful. My explorer...
  3. K

neutral safety switch for 1991 manual transmission

I got a trouble code 67 o for my 1991 ford explorer, i want to fix it but i dont know where to start. My transmission is a 5 speed. And i have looked at it under but i cant tell which of the cables is the neutral safety switch. And ive also seen the spring casing thats attached to my clutch...
  4. K

engine swap question??

:exp: I want to know what F150 engine and transmission are good candidates for a 1991 rwd ford explorer. And if its possible. My stock engine is failing and i want more speed and torque. Im not a reckless driver but i do like speed and a good rush once in a while.
  5. K

Vacuum Tree

Does anyone have pictures of vacuum tree and where the lines should go. Because my lines are hard...and some of them broke off and i didnt ever see where they were originally placed..
  6. K

Where is egr valve located?

Hey guys i think this is a good question, if my 1991 explorer is from texas and does not have an egr valve?, is it possible to install one anyways? Like get all the components and install them.
  7. K

no rear brake presure on my 91,000 mile explorer

thanks. go to know imma check it out tomorrow morning. do u think if i bypass it wat would i do to the plug thats connected to the valve? cause i actually took it to a brake check place and they told me i had to get the master cylinder and the proportioning valve and the proportioning valve is...
  8. K

Oil Pressure Gauge Not Working

my oil pressure is reading very low. i read a book that i bought at autozone and it says i have to replace the oil pump. but that i also have to remove the engine or left it an inch or two by taking off the motor mounts. i have a 2×4 1991 ford explorer with 91,000 miles. any suggestions??? im...
  9. K

no rear brake presure on my 91,000 mile explorer

ive been driving my explorer with little brake presure and today i drifted right before getting to the intersection. my wife and my 10 month old daughter were with me. im not scared to drive it like that. i assist the brakes by down shifting. i need to get that fixed quick but the parts are costly.
Back