Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

02 Rear Window Swap with 04

I recently swapped my 02 rear window out with one off of an 04 because the 02's hardware broke and rusted out. My question is can I take the wiring plug off the 02 and reconnect it to the 04's to make the wiper function again and I am also wondering if the windshield wash spray would have...
  2. J

HELP HELP HELP HELP!!! 4.6 v8 WONT TURN OVER!!

I had a 4.6 in a f150 that had a head gasket go bad leaking antifreeze into a cylinder. And bent a connecting rod to the point it locked up tight!
  3. J

Tranny Swap 4x4 High Flashing

No there are slight differences. I should have paid more attention when we did the swap we made more work for ourselves this way.
  4. J

Shifting issues this morning

Sounds like the solenoid pack to me. That was the same problem I had with my old 04 and I even had a hard time keeping in overdrive. It would bounce the RPM's back and for 2-300 RPM's in overdrive. I changed out the pack and it was fixed. I bought my pack from the old Tousley Ford out of the...
  5. J

Problem solved. Swapped the 04 transfer case out and went back to the 02 original. Problem solved. I have put 150 miles on today and never missed a lick.
  6. J

The plug in connected but is different inside. The 4x4 was working on the 2002 as I drove it 3 hours home when I bought it and the only thing that was wrong was first and third gear were gone. The previous owner informed me it was working fine that the tranny gave up was all. This rig is in...
  7. J

Makes sense. This I am sure will be the final fix we will try to do it tomorrow.
  8. J

I bought a 2002 Explorer earlier this summer and I have recently finished the swap from an 04 donor to an 02 that was in great shape but had a bad transmission. We swapped the tranny with the 04 transfer case into the 02 the tranny runs out great. My problem is the 4x4 high is flashing and will...
  9. J

2002 4WD Dash Lights Blinking, etc.

The tranny's are exactly the same. I will be addressing the ground wire this week to see if this fixes the problem if not I will look at the 4x4 module next. Thank you for your help.
  10. J

I still need to check wire. I am now certain the 4X4 is not engaging. Is there a wire that I need to search for to test?
  11. J

the light stays on now. The 4x4 is not engaging neither.
  12. J

What kind of motor oil do you use?

Schaeffer Oil.
  13. J

I just swapped out my tranny out of an 04 and into my 02 and I am experiencing the same issue. I will check the ground it's possible with trying to unplug everything it may have broke off and didn't realize it.
  14. J

02 Tranny swap from 04 parts vehicle.

I plan on using some heat to get the stubborn bolts out. I have a good tranny to swap out and my plan is to swap and sell this rig. I bought this rig to flip because I had a good parts vehicle that had a fatal timing chain ordeal. I agree it's plenty of work I already have the tranny out of the...
  15. J

Transmission Shifts early

I disagree with GM building them better. My 05 Yukon has had it's share of problems. Tranny at 65,000 and suspension problems galore. I have stuck plenty of money on a $52,000 rig brand new in 05. That's a lot of money for a vehicle that has had an extra $10K spent on repairs since new. Going...
  16. J

02 Tranny swap from 04 parts vehicle.

Looking for any tips on this swap? I have the tranny almost ready to pull the Trans out of the parts vehicle and I am concerned with the exhaust manifold bolts on the good rig. I tried to get the manifold bolts off the header pipe with an impact that didn't even budge. I have the good rig...
  17. J

03 Explorer with 04 4.0 SOHC Engine.

Man that sucks. These engines are a real Bi.ch. I will not dig in to fix I run til they drop and swap out if need be. Find a donor on Carpart I use the newer low mile Mustang motors!
  18. J

04 Explorer rpm fluctuating while driving

Look up tranny issue in my 04 in the search options it's in there.
  19. J

Solenoid pack!!! Easy fix pan comes off and it's right there.
  20. J

My 04 did the same thing. It turned out to be a $300 solenoid pack. I had the check engine light come on with a code that verified it. It was the same exact description if you look up on some of my previous posts you might find my cry for help on here describing it.
  21. J

No problem bud glad I was able to help. Hope you get the truck back on the road soon.
  22. J

Engine Removal on 2002 Explorer

No you can lay underneath and get to them with long extensions and swivels. I suggest a impact and extra set of hands will help. We took the inner splash guards in the fender well to access with a gear wrench. I have taken the air intake off as well to get to the top ones in the bell housing. I...
  23. J

Sent you a message.
  24. J

I have a spare intake off a parts vehicle. Let me know if you need one.
  25. J

Replacing the timing chains on these are a real bear you really need to be sharp and make sure that they come apart and remain in time and also go back together correctly are whammo at start up.
Back