Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Grease covering torque strap/mount

Crystal, it is back home and working like a champ! The dealership took care of the unit, the A-pillar trim, and gave us a second vehicle key (there was only one when we purchased the vehicle), all covered. Took one day to do all of the work, which is how long they estimated. Overall a good...
  2. T

Finally made it to the dealership. Turns out it is the power transfer unit. It's like a transfer case (sort of); it's what sends power to the rear wheels when needed, since it's an on-demand 4wd system. The oil-like fluid has been dripping more frequently since the last time I was on here. The...
  3. T

Thank you :) Without getting the vehicle on a lift and being able to really examine it, I couldn't tell if there was anything immeditely above that was leaking, or if it was just that part itself. A Ford mechanic or at least one familiar with these vehicles should be able to find the specific...
  4. T

Thank you, Peter. Yes, we bought it Ford-certified, with 26,000 miles on it. There aren't any odd smells, no oil burning, and the engine compartment above and around that area is clean and dry. The grease seems to just be from that one part/area. I need to contact the dealer about the...
  5. T

Hi everyone. My wife and I bought a 2011 Explorer Limited 4wd, 3.5l V6 two weeks ago. We noticed a little spot of dirty grease under the engine area of the vehicle, so last night I crawled under there and looked around. The culprit is what I call the torque strap, connecting the bottom of the...
  6. T

Greetings!

Hi everyone! My wife and I bought a 2011 Explorer Limited 4wd about two weeks ago, and I know forums like this one are a great resource for vehicle owners. I'm a Mopar guy myself (gasp! haha) and she is coming over from a Chevy Trailblazer, but she really likes the new Explorer. I wanted her...
Back