Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

coolant resavoir

Does you coolant level fall over time. Mine constantly fall but there are no leaks under my car... have no idea where the coolant is going...
  2. P

Blows warm on driver side, cold on passenger HELP!

Ok update! I changed my Blend Door Actuator and... no changed. Driver left side still blows warm air and the passenger cooler air. So plan B is try and sell it before summer comes :D
  3. P

No need to apologize swshawaii :) thank you so much for trying to help.
  4. P

2006 Explorer Throttle Body/ TPS Problems/Wrench light?

It's much cheaper and easier to just replace the entire throttle body.
  5. P

Thanks again Swshawaii, but like I said it's not the actuator. But the door itself. ;)
  6. P

Milk shake residue in coolant reservoir tank

Make sure you top your radiator up with distilled water, what you're seeing there is prob just limescale or the like. Also you should do 50/50 mix of water and coolant. Coolant contains chems that help the longevity of your radiator.
  7. P

Blend door or vacuum line?

The best and most permanent fix i have found was just to directly screw my AC bend doors shut so that the AC only blows out the front. I hardly use defrosters, so I thought why not? Anyway, just something to consider.
  8. P

Hey thanks swshawaii, but i think the problem i have is with the blend door itself and not the acuator. Would you know how I might reach it behind the dash and fix it?
  9. P

I have a 08 Ford Explorer manual AC with aux rear. NOT DUAL The problem I'm having is that on the cold setting the AC would blow warm air on the drivers side while the passenger side receives cold air. I Checked the Acuator and it looks like the motor is working since it turns when I...
  10. P

OK guys an update, so far I had the intermittent stalls when braking or slowing down as well as erractic RPMs. I cleaned the throttle with carb cleaner, it helped for a month, but the it started up again, I replaced the TPS this caused me to get the P0505 code (IAC prob) so I ended it spending...
  11. P

I have the same problem with my 2008 as well, ended up cleaning the TP with some carb cleaner, but the problem comes back. Does anyone have a diagram of where the vacume lines are? So i can check them myself? Thanks
  12. P

Explorer 2008 stalling when slowing down for corners..

Ok so was driving again and then my revs just shot up, causing my car to lunge all over the place.braked and the car revs went all the way to 4-5k rpm and then stalled. Then get engine light and RSC sign in dash. Restarted car and finally got a check engine light on so checked the code, turns...
  13. P

Mines a 6 cylinder 4.0ltr. Thanks for the reply, ok might try and replace all six plugs but before I do, shouldnt there be misfire or sputter if uts the plugs??? so far my engine has never sputtered... My car works on the first crank and the computer doesn't throw out any codes. The cars just...
  14. P

2006 XLT Stalls

I have a similar problem with my 2008, did cleaning the IAC help? and what product did you use for cleaning it????? I am a complete explorer noob, so please spare no details :)
  15. P

Hi everyone my first post so be gentle!!! I have a 2008 explorer which i have recently serviced, Transmission fluid change and filter change as well. For the past two weeks, my car has been acting up. When I drive it I feel like there is a lot of torque when I am braking, as if the car...
Back