Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

02 ford explorer need help installing front drive shaft from transfer case to front d

reply to rwt101 Thank you for the picture rwt101. the drive shaft that I'm trying to put in is just like the one you put up. the shaft on the left side with the ball bearings in that picture. With the drive shaft having those grooves I can't get the bearings to line up. I don't know if there is...
  2. A

02 ford explorer need help installing front drive shaft from transfer case to front d

reply to Limited 02 Limited 02 The problem that I am having is not the 6 bolts. it's getting the ball bearing to go in to the correct position. the drive shaft looks like the one in the picture from the 05 ford escape.
  3. A

How to reinstall front drive shaft for the 4 wheel drive coming from transfer case I'm have a problem with my 02 Explorer 4.6 4WD front drive shaft that comes from the transfer case. The front of the drive shaft is fine cause it has a normal U-joint. That side is simple. The trouble that I'm...
  4. A

Sorry for the triple post Sorry for the triple post it was my first time posting and I kept getting a can not display page. so I didn't know if it had posted or not until I looked and saw it posted three times. Thanks MayJan for the link. but the drive shaft I'm trying to put in is the one...
  5. A

If anyone has any questions they will like to ask to get a clearer understanding or picture of the problem I'm having, feel free to ask.
  6. A

I have a 02 Ford Explorer with 4WD. I removed the front drive shaft that comes from the transfer case going to the front diff. It has 6 loose ball bearings and I can't get it to go back in for the life of me. I have tried many different ways and still have not been able to get it in. Can someone...
Back