Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Solved 1989 Aerostar. No power on the starter relay from the ignition switch.

To raise the van I jacked it up a couple inches and put jack stands under the frame. I think ramps would have been a much better method but I couldn't get it started (the real problem) to drive up the ramps, so made do with what I had. It's always handy to have a good jack when it's needed...
  2. M

Well, working under the Aerostar is an exercise in patience. The limited room to maneuver tools (wire crimper etc.) tested my resolve, but I got it done and started the buggy for the first time in a couple weeks. Good to go now. Thanks for the help! I'm glad the problem wasn't the ignition...
  3. M

Well, I found the problem! 2 wires were severed at the connector on the transmission switch. One other wire is nearly cut through. I suspect mice or wood rat as we live on the woods here in the foothills of the Sierra mountains. So I'm off the the local hardware store to find some wire...
  4. M

Before I take something apart that shouldn't be or doesn't need to be messed with I would like to know what to avoid and what to tackle. When looking at the steering column I see two connectors with a bunch of wires, one on the side of the column at the base of the turn sig switch, the other...
  5. M

Back up lights work properly. One more element eliminated from the list of possibilities. All fuses in the fuse box on the driver side kick panel are good. The inertia switch on passenger side kick panel shows a red button through the slit at the base of the protruding collar but not sticking...
  6. M

No crank I tested the starter relay with a jumper, it works. The little wire that comes from the wiring loom to the relay doesn't send any current when the ignition is rotated to the START position. I have the clam shell off, had the ign lock/cylinder out and in a couple times but still no...
  7. M

Previously it was stated that the ignition switch could be the problem. How does one check it out other than checking the wire that goes to the starter solenoid? What if the ignition switch IS the problem, what then? Can it be repaired or should it be replaced? I got my ignition lock...
Back