Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

P0087, TSB 14-01-05 Reprogrammed PCM

Back TTT, my wife came home and said her CEL came on today. She had been to two stores prior, when she left the 3rd store the CEL came on and she said it felt like it had a loss of power. I checked the code when she got home and it was P0087 which according to the net is "Fuel Rail/System...
  2. H

Smoke tail/headlights

I used the lightest shade of tint that Lamin-X offers. And as mentioned it's NOTHING like window tint at all! Spend the coin and buy the lamin-x. It's just dark enough to really make a difference in appearance, and doesn't noticibily affect night time visibility whatsoever. Still looks...
  3. H

Aeroforce Boost Gauge - Will it work on the Sport?

+1, more info on available pods to mount it in!
  4. H

interceptor grille....new oem grille ?

if the mesh was deeper, I could maybe get over the upper half of the grille being "fake" and blocked off. But with such a shallow mesh heigh, I just can't get over the upper part. The lower part looks badazz.
  5. H

Tire warranty? 9k miles and a slit sidewall! (Pic)

I had a screaming 4 month old in the truck with me when I picked it up, I rolled it right into the bed of the Raptor and headed home because the little one wasn't looking so hot, saw the damage on the rim as soon as I took it out of the bed. Called first thing this morning to report it so I...
  6. H

Tire Size Upgrade

just had one of our hankooks split a sidewall. didn't go flat but it was waiting to happen. covered under warranty, but I've never been a fan of hankooks, and this doesn't make me feel any better. On the bright side, stock is 8mm tread depth and in almost 10k miles only 1mm has worn off, so...
  7. H

I spoke too soon. I picked the tire up last night a little after 5. No service guys left but they left the rim with a tech in the back for me to pick up before 5:30. There is a giant GASH in my RIM now!!!!!! I'm absolutely livid! This isn't even from an installation error dismounting/mounting a...
  8. H

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

sweet I'm going to order one and put it where the ecoboost emblem was!
  9. H

interceptor grille....new oem grille ?

your ford dealer is putting you through the ringer on that price! The interceptor grille is different than a regular model grille though.
  10. H

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

where did you get that emblem from? I tried to order some off ebay like that a while back and they were sold out.
  11. H

woot woot, they got the tire in over night, it'll be mounted and ready for me to pick up after work. Now as long as it's the same brand/model tire (i sure would hope so LOL), I'll be happy. Now hopefully none of the other 3 develop the same issue but I"ll be keeping an eye on them all...
  12. H

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

great info thanks guys. Dealer did replace our split tire under warranty, but when it's time for a new set I'm definitely going to probably a 275/45/20
  13. H

*update* just called them since they never called me. They said it will be covered under warranty thankfully. New tire should be in tomorrow. Happy to hear about that, wasn't happy to hear they said it may not be ready till Wednesday. Seriously? The tire is OFF the car, it will take 10...
  14. H

I didn't realize the summer tire option was a slightly wider tire. That's good news for us regular tire owners when we want to upgrade, should be no issues going 265 then. Anyone looked into 275/45/20? They're the stock tires on 00-03 harley trucks, a very popular tire size with tons of options.
  15. H

interceptor badge on hood

That angle it just looks like something that would come on a bare bones XL model with the flat gray plastic and 70% fake mesh. This angle looks better, but still can't dig the flat gray plastic, and the fake mesh on most of it. I'd rather mod the sport grille to make the mesh parts between...
  16. H

Lowering the Explorer

lip of the center cap? you didn't go from the center?
  17. H

Thanks for the feedback. I dropped the tire off Friday around lunch time, but their service manager was off until Monday (which it snowed today so he probably took another day off with my luck), so we were without a vehicle all weekend while the tire sat there. I'm NOT driving around on that...
  18. H

After having pirellis on our 2011 5.0 mustang I wasn't too impressed with them. They started to dry rot and crack after 30k miles.
  19. H

here's the 2 pics. You can pull it up even further to see it goes deeper, but I could only do so much for the pic holding the camera with the other hand. I really don't see any other way it could have separated like this other than a manufacturing defect.
  20. H

But that tire booklet should be in the owners case with the manual and the other printed material right? I'll print that one anyway just incase. I forgot last night to look in the glovebox. I did take another photo, you can peel up the edge and it goes straight downward almost 1/2" deep like...
  21. H

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

Nope it doesn't leave any residue! Zaino is an EXCELLENT product. I've been a big detailing guru for 14+ years now, I've tried TONS of products out there, and I always go back to Zaino as my favorite for outdoor use or DDs. I get bored too so I'm always trying new stuff, but I always end back at...
  22. H

interceptor badge on hood

is there an interceptor grille pic I'm missing? THe ones I saw it looks like cheap flat dull plastic without much style at all.
Back