Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Coolant leak repair > missing at all RPMs

I do have one more question associated with this repair! For some reason my idle RPM is higher than it was before. When I first start from cold it is about 15-1800 RPM then after it warms a bit drops to about 1200. After it completely warms up it is about 900 RPMs, isn't it supposed to be around...
  2. T

Thanks for all the replies!! I really do appreciate the assistance. It fixed itself last night when I left for work. I went out to spray that starter fluid around spots where vacuum leaks might occur and when I started it back up I did not notice a miss. I test drove it around the block and it...
  3. T

I bought some starting fluid to try spraying around the intake area to see if I would get a change in RPMs. When I started it up today, it doesn't feel like it's missing any more, but when I went on a test drive it threw a code. I'm in the process of researching that but thought I'd throw it up...
  4. T

Yes I do, but I also have a Ultragauge OBD II reader that is always hooked up. Neither of them have thrown a code, yet.
  5. T

So would that hose cause a miss? I don't think that it would being that it is blowing air out of it.
  6. T

A suspect vacuum? hose is slightly enlarged that goes from the EGR tube (2 of them) up to an electronic doohickey with the 2 hoses on the bottom of it. Is there a different way to add photos without being an Elite Explorer? https://www.dropbox.com/s/mh3qgv9eet7t7yi/larger%20view.jpg?dl=0...
  7. T

I did check them, I will double check... yes I noticed that idiotic numbering too! Thanks! ***UPDATE**** I did triple check the spark plug wires! They are correct.
  8. T

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer XLS, 4.0L OHV engine with 188k miles. ****Long story starts here, skip to "Short Story Starts here" for current issue, or "Really Short Story Starts here" if you are really, really impatient!!******* Three or four weeks ago it started losing coolant...
Back