Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Pete165

Lunging during acceleration

That was going to be my suggestion. Same thing happened to me - hose was off and caused exactly what you're describing.. Check all of those hoses, and could even be the solenoid itself...
  2. Pete165

Super important tuning question

i would just call them and listen to how they answer the phone and then hang up really quick :D
  3. Pete165

Intake Manifold Bolt Torque - 2017 Sport

Wow you're the man! Thank you! I was just going to wing it :)
  4. Pete165

Intake Manifold Bolt Torque - 2017 Sport

Anybody have intake manifold bolt torque for a 2017 Sport? Can't seem to find it here or on the googles. I did find one site that references the "upper intake manifold" and "Lower intake manifold", but I didn't think these have upper and lower manifolds..
  5. Pete165

Installed Upgraded Transmission Mounts...what a difference!

I gotta be honest - The lady made me remove these after about 1500 miles because of the noise and vibration. Its not terrible, but its not as minor as some say. If you want a quiet comfortable daily driver - these aren't for you.
  6. Pete165

Rear caliper seeping fluid

My only suggestion is to get the new caliper from ford. The remanufactured calipers from any auto part store are junk and you may end up repeating the job (ask me how I know)
  7. Pete165

Clunking sound, bushing missing

that vertical rod is called a 'sway bar end link'. you should be able to buy just the bushings at any auto store, or as a kit that includes the link and bushings
  8. Pete165

My stereo is possessed-changes channels randomly

On my 2015 this happened because I had a cell phone mount stuck in the air vent above the sync unit. When the charging cord would lay against the buttons, it would confuse that for a button press. This is part of the reason I'm happy the newer sync unit on my 2017 which has regular push-buttons
  9. Pete165

Solved Rear Brake Dragging Fix

hey thanks rick! :chug:
  10. Pete165

Solved Rear Brake Dragging Fix

Below is how I fixed my rear calipers to prevent the parking brake from dragging, and also fixed a spongy low pedal in the process. This is on a 2017 Sport which has the heavy-duty brakes as standard, but I would imagine all trims and years from this generation would be the same or similar...
  11. Pete165

Broken Belt and Leaking Coolant

could that be oil from the AC system/compressor? Does your AC work properly?
  12. Pete165

Flex Pipe Mesh

2017 Sport. Anybody know the purpose of the wire mesh surrounding the flex pipe? This connects from the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust. The mesh on mine detached at one end and I hear an annoying rattle. I put a couple hose clamps around it but I'd rather just cut it off it...
  13. Pete165

Rear Bumper Hitch Cover

I'm looking for a replacement hitch cover. I believe I found the part number, but I can't tell if it is painted. If not, any ideas on where to order one pre-painted? Mine is a glossy black. Part Number: FB5Z-17F000-BPTM
  14. Pete165

2017 Sport tow/haul mode question

you got a Formula 1 engine in that thing????:burnout::D
  15. Pete165

2017 Explorer sport cold air intake issue

aFe is claiming 40hp and 60tq gain from a CAI... :crazy: Don't waste your money. When driving, the stock intake maintains ambient air temperature without heating it.
  16. Pete165

Rear license plate hardware

I just bought a couple more standard license plate screws, and screwed those suckers right into the rubber nipples. They actually hold really well. Going on a year now.
  17. Pete165

Hey Expo, I saw a picture you posted in the hood deflector thread. Just curious what brand roof...

Hey Expo, I saw a picture you posted in the hood deflector thread. Just curious what brand roof lights you mounted up top? They look great! Thanks, -Pete
  18. Pete165

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

screenshot of air temp vs. intake temp with STOCK intake on my 2017 sport. Not going to get any colder... CAI's are a scam.
  19. Pete165

Wacky HVAC

I know is sounds stupid.. but make sure those buttons on the the sony console are clean, and you don't have a usb/phone charging cable hanging against it. Those capacitive buttons were really sensitive in my '13. This exact thing happened to me twice. Once when I changed the oil and had some...
  20. Pete165

Question on tune supporting mods

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-SP534-Spark-Plug/dp/B009B5ROYU
  21. Pete165

Question on tune supporting mods

My '17 sport already had the 'upgraded' spark plugs and were recommend to be changed on previous years. Looks like ford decided to make the change themselves. Off the top of my head think they were the SP534, but I could be wrong.
  22. Pete165

Front Lip Splitter

Looks like a custom job to me
  23. Pete165

Recommend PSI for 2017 Sport

If I'm at Daytona in the spring I'll run: Left Front -- 27 psi; Left Rear -- 27 psi; Right Front -- 50 psi; Right Rear -- 48 psi Smaller high-banks like Bristol I'll start at: Left Front -- 20 psi; Left Rear -- 18 psi; Right Front -- 43 psi; Right Rear -- 40 psi wait.. what am I driving...
Back