Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Text messages on the screen no more?

I think that is the problem. I also have an iPhone and I think it is an update problem. Very frustrating, especially since my state, Tennessee, just started a new "hands free" law effective July 1st. oh well.... Thanks for your reply!!
  2. U

Yes, I know, but that does not help. Thanks
  3. U

My 2015 Explorer Limited used to display the text messages from my phone onto my SYNC screen. For some reason it stopped doing that and I cannot figure out how to get it back. Does anyone know what I might can try to get it back on the screen?
  4. U

Strange "tuning fork" LOUD sound when sitting still or just taking off….

Well, so far they have gotten it right. I've been driving it now for about 3 days with NO SOUNDS coming from the car! I will update only if there is a problem. So, maybe it did turn out to be the rear Air Expansion valve! Thanks, Golden Circle Ford in Jackson, TN!!
  5. U

Well, it turns out that they think it is a bad Air Expansion Valve in the rear AC. They checked it last week and ordered a new one. They called today to let me know that the part has arrived. So, my explorer went in this afternoon to get that changed out. Hopefully, this will take care of...
  6. U

I really appreciate all of your feedback. I will be sure to let you all know what the dealership comes up with.
  7. U

Sitting still…. Today, I was sitting still in the driveway waiting for my son and my Explorer was idling and the transmission was in park. The sound started up and stayed for a few seconds. I jumped out of the car and jumped underneath the rear quickly enough to determine that it is indeed...
  8. U

They're Heeerrreeeeeeee

It's a nice Ford logo.
  9. U

Sometimes, I am just sitting at a red-light and after a few seconds of sitting perfectly still it starts that whiny tuning fork tone. It is very loud! It will last for 5-6 seconds and go away. Would a Coil Spring do that?
  10. U

I have a new 2015 Limited that I got 3 months ago. For about 2 months I have been hearing a strange sound that sounds like a tuning fork. It over powers the radio….it is quite loud. It never happens at highway speed, but can occur either when I am sitting still or when I am accelerating from...
  11. U

Rearview Camera Active Guidelines

Backup camera adjustment? I have a new 2015 Limited and I was wondering.... Is there a way to adjust your back up camera view so that the yellow lines will turn when you turn your steering wheel? My yellow lines on my back up camera stay pointing straight no matter what I do with my steering...
  12. U

Squeaking / Squealing Brakes

My wife's car is doing that and my mechanic checked the pads…no problems. He says the culprit is the fact that I take her car through the car wash and have the tires shined in the car wash. The silicone they spray on the tires make the rotors stick and does damage to the braking system over a...
  13. U

Great Ford Dealerships

Golden Circle Ford, Jackson, TN Great place to do business
  14. U

Is it ok to take a Limited through a car wash?

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info!
  15. U

Is it ok to take a Limited through a car wash?

I am concerned about the black antenna that sticks up about 8 inches. Would it get knocked off with the brushes?
  16. U

Average age of 5th gen. owners

55 Years old…..2015 White Platinum Limitd
  17. U

Hello, new owner/member here

Jut got my 2015 Explorer Limited yesterday and I LOVE IT! Can't wait to visit here often and learn more about you all.
Back