Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Center console noises?!?!?!

Had the same issue with squeaking from the center console of our '14 sport. Mentioned it as an annoyance to my dealer (Kelly Ford, Melbourne FL) when I was in for the 1st oil change, and they fixed it there and then. I suspect it is a known 'problem.'
  2. A

Class III trailer tow package contents

It takes 10 seconds to pull off the tow cover. If you'd done that you'd have found both 4 and 7 pin sockets....
  3. A

Another 2014 Sport Problem

Same problem on my '14 sport. Build date Aug '13. ~5000 miles. I haven't taken it in because my wife is driving it while on maternity leave with 2 young kids.
  4. A

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

Agreed. It is super easy. Take you time though, because realigning the plastic moldings when putting the guards in can mess with the panel lines a little.
  5. A

Seat Threads / Fibres

Has anyone had any success with getting their dealer to "deal" with this white fiber issue? My dealer just said "it is normal and will go away". However, they did offer to give me the 1-800 number if I wanted to take it further with ford directly.
  6. A

Torque Steer Severe Today

I had found this thread, but I had wanted to separate out the sports as they will suffer from this the most because of the increased torque produced. No big deal.
  7. A

Torque Steer Severe Today

'14 Sport Torque Steer I've been looking for some discussions of torque steer on stock 5th gen sports (without luck), specifically a 2014 w/ 401A (not that that makes a difference). This is the first vehicle I've owned that doesn't have a symmetrical drive train, so I've never really...
  8. A

VHR Systems Check Methods

Thanks for the comments. So I tried to replicate what happened by running another VHR. No shuddering the second time. So, after more head scratching I went back to the same parking spot where I run the original VHR and just sat there with the engine running doing nothing special. The...
  9. A

VHR Systems Check Methods

2014 Sport w/ 401A, tow and 750 miles I ran a VHR this morning, just for fun really. The car was parked, but while the check was being performed the car intermittently seemed to shudder 3 or 4 times for a few seconds as if driving on a bumpy road. I've been scratching my head on this...
  10. A

2014 Limited Ordered - Incentive Questions?

I got the $750 private cash deal when I ordered the brochure from the Ford website. The coupon (which arrived within a week of me requesting the brochure) was due to expire on 9/9; the ETA was 9/13. When it got close to the expiration date my dealer (Kelly Ford in Melbourne, FL) allowed the...
  11. A

2014 Limited Ordered - Incentive Questions?

The $2000 incentive is if you are either paying cash or using financing other than Ford Credit. I picked up my '14 this weekend and got the $2000 incentive for using outside financing (it was only $1000 when I ordered in July).
  12. A

2014 Sport being sent from rail yard back to Chicago?

I picked up my 8/8 build this afternoon. :)
  13. A

My dealer provided me with the full print out of my order's location during transit (which I presume is the same tracking system Crystal et al. are using). It was built 8/8 and sat waiting for a train for 13 days (presumably until the train was full) . It has since been trundling on said CSX...
  14. A

Blend of 8/8 here and same BS excuses about delays and trains.
  15. A

2014 Ford Explorer Sport ordered

Window stickers appear a few days before the build date.
  16. A

Window sticker

Yeah. The excuse I received is beginning to smell bad.
  17. A

Window sticker

Out of interest, did you order the tow package? I ordered my sport 7/1 and am still waiting for it supposedly because of a parts shortage for the tow package.
  18. A

2014 Sport Ordered

And I got a call from my dealer. Here the story was also a delay due to parts needed, specifically for the tow package. It is currently on a train in Illinois waiting for a full load and the ETA is the week of Sept 13th. There was no quality check hold, or anything else to delay it, according to...
  19. A

2014 Sport Ordered

I'll give them a bit of breathing room for being down in FL, but my dealer gets a transporter more than once a week. I can't believe that the delay is anything more than poor planning. I'll give them a call later and see if they BS me :) It's nice having details coming from the FordService guys...
  20. A

Outstanding Field Service Actions 12A04

What is a: "Outstanding Field Service Actions 12A04 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE" ? This is listed in ETIS on the vehicle I ordered on July 1st, built on August 8th, and have yet to take delivery of. The real kicker is that my dealer now has listed...
  21. A

2014 Sport Ordered

I just received word that my sport that was ordered on July 1st and built on August 8th with an original ETA of August 30th, just had it's ETA pushed back to September 17th. I'm going to have this confirmed, but if true that is some total bollocks right there.
  22. A

2014 Sport order status anyone?

Ordered: 7/1 Vin: ~7/31 Window sticker: ~8/1 Blend date: 8/8 ETA: 9/3 (pending update). The anticipation is getting irritating. I'm getting f'all done at work :)
  23. A

Price paid for sport explorer

Less than a similarly equipped acadia denali ;)
  24. A

2014 Explorer Limited ordered July 2nd 2013

Sports apparently take a bit longer :) I guess that is no surprise though. Still waiting on my VIN 3 weeks after the order was placed.
Back