Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

It is not a fleet vehicle, but I preferred 18 inch alloys because I wanted to take it off road, and I found it in one dealers lot so bought that :thumbsup:, The dealer told me 20 is standard but he ordered this one along with some other customers request because he thought it will have some...
  2. N

Cheers mate, that is the spirit, I have called traxda and put some questions to them about the car and how it will behave after the lift or what else is necessary other than the alignment during the lift, like brake line extension, bumper re calibration etc they said they will come back to me on...
  3. N

Off Road Experience With 5th Gen Explorer !

I agree with you peter but I think that was for 2wd i guess :salute:
  4. N

Hey Luke, Cheers for the thumbs up, I have driven the ex up the rocky road, the sand, gravel and the grass :) snow did not fall yet as I have bought the EX just 2 months back, well the front bumper bit is low but 10 min job to take off and I would say after this picture visit I took it off...
  5. N

I am no Elite Member, Took my Ex ltd off couple of times, on this visit didnot bottom it at all with 600 kg load at the back http://www.flickr.com/photos/100641520@N02/9566279093
  6. N

http://traxda.com/ford-lift-and-leveling-kits/11-13-ford-explorer-lift-kit-102040.html
  7. N

So you think it might be a safe bet to do this, or it will end up in catastrophic failure?:salute:
  8. N

Checked the VIN with the Ford website, sticker at the back and called the dealer papers for the cars all says it is a Limited. the price was not limited at all :salute:
  9. N

https://traxdaliftkits.com/?product_cat=&post_type=product&s=explorer+2011 I am late but what this will be called body lift or suspension lift?
  10. N

My Factory wheels came as P245/60/R18 Michelin Latitude Tour HP M/S and i took the car 2 months back :salute:
  11. N

Thanks Mark for the Info I will speak with them on this issue and see the response they will give me.
  12. N

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Great I hope that works out for you, because I already have done that and got my car back from them to no avail until I actually changed my gas to regular but every car is different. I have 3500 Miles on my ODO out of those 2500 is highway driving, i had no issues after changing the gas :salute:
  13. N

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

The issue of smell, well tried almost everything to no avail until i actually put the regular gas 87 so the smell was gone. yep that is right i am the moron who put premium in his cars not my fault the E class was running great under premium. so yes if i put premium gas in truck it...
  14. N

well sport is not lower, it is 1/2 inch higher because of it is on 20 inch against 18 inch wheels of limited, but i am going to order this to see how it will stand with this new kit 2.25 inch should make some good difference.
  15. N

Alright so got this new truck had some smiley moments :) and had some disappointment moments :mad:, Smiley when took it to beach and floored it on dunes, bit smiley when took it to Water fall and it was truly hardcore stuff with big rocks my side step hit once and I had to say my Mother in Law...
Back