Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

CLogged/Broken Heater Core??

Over the weekend, I followed the tuts and cleaned out/blew out all of the debris. Assembled everything again. This morning same situation, turning on the defrost (or heat) just fogs up the wind shield.
  2. J

It must have something to do with the outside temp and the temp inside the cabin, as this only occurs in the cooler mornings - ideal times to have heat/defrost - and as it warms on up no issue. Confirmed this a short while ago, at 630 this morning the heat would just fog up the window, now...
  3. J

UGH - I sincerely hope that is not the cause....I probably around 4 months ago just had a new EVERY peice of HVAC installed as my ac was not working. Any guide or steps on how to remove the blower motor?
  4. J

We have had a cool past few mornings and in the drive in, I have wanted to turn on a bit of defroster/heat. Well anytime I turn on the defroster for my front windshield within seconds of cutting it on my entire front window is "filmed over" similar to what happens to the bathroom mirror when...
  5. J

Head Light Question

I had a local part store overnight the correct part for my vehicle to the store and just picked them up and had them installed in less than 5 minutes. Turned on the lights and worked! But I noticed that when I turn the switch to where the parking lights should be, it just turns on the...
  6. J

Head Light Question

I ended up forcing it out and removed the grill as well. Now my explorer has no lights nor grill AND...... Only to discover that the new headlights are WRONG!!!!! They are inverted, I will provide pictures later this evening or tomorrow! So I am hoping and wishing I didn't ir-recoverably...
  7. J

Head Light Question

Started on the left side (passenger side) headlight assembly replacement and I can not get the assembly completely out. The "nut" (as I will call it) that holds the assembly in place on the bottom left, I can not figure out how to loosen it so I can completely pull out the assembly. The other...
  8. J

Head Light Question

My OEM Headlights were delivered today and my Hella's should be here Friday. IF I can get home from work early enough this afternoon (90 min commute with no traffic) I will install, which should be pretty straight forward. Now when the Hella's arrive that will prolly be a diff story as it...
  9. J

Head Light Question

And the link is just for one light, correct? Just so I can order what I need :)
  10. J

Head Light Question

Any specific ones you would recommend?
  11. J

Head Light Question

Would these Hellas work in rellacing my rectangular fog lights? Also, since my second bumper is cracked should I just remove it so the light is not blocked from these helas? (May not be affected, honestly not sure)...
  12. J

Head Light Question

Glacier Explorer - yes that is 1,000 times better than my set-up! I am def going to order the new headlight assembly for both Left and Right - and will either replace fog lights or add additional lights. But now thinking about it, if I add driving lights as opposed to replacing the fog lights...
  13. J

Head Light Question

Thanks for the images, I like that set-up. Lights are WAY brighter than mine!!! If I can remember when it gets a bit darker, I'll cut mine on and snap an image so you can see how scary it is for me to be driving with them.
  14. J

Head Light Question

I know the feeling the plastic on my turn signal pins holding them to the vehicle are broken. I removed the screws that were bolting the broken plastic down since it is no longer connected to the actual assembly and pushed the assembly as close to the vehicle as I could and used some good 'ole...
  15. J

Head Light Question

Glacier Explorer the KC HiLiTES 775's that I found on Amazon are about $80 and I do have the rectangular lights that you mentioned jimmynutz I like the idea of adding in some $30 AutoZone 55W driving lights and still keeping the fog lights. How easy is the install for this? Here is an...
  16. J

Head Light Question

I am in the country in NE Georgia, and leave my house at 6 a.m. Monday - Friday. I will def invest in a new one for both, thank you for the link! My vehicle has the (I think this is what they are) the fog lights up front, there is a secondary "bumper" with two lights on each side in it and...
  17. J

Head Light Question

I have recently started having to drive again hen it is dark, and on my 1996 explorer the headlights casing/housing (sorry if I am using wrong terminology here) is more yellow than white. I have tried to use sand/soapy water to scrub it off, have tried the liquid blue stuff that is supposed to...
  18. J

Air Compressor "Siezed UP"

If its the piece as shown in this video https://youtu.be/mjyrQGk2-PQ It spins for a few seconds, then stops for a few. Spins for a few, then stops for a few
  19. J

OneofMany - Do you mean the compressor itself or the compressor clutch? (just so I am clear). The compressor clutch will spin, then turn off, wait a few seconds then spin, then turn off again. The actual compressor itself I was unable to turn at all.
  20. J

Ball Joint Replacement Question

Thanks for that info. I didn't realize that needed to be done, thank you for confirming their! And thanks to all for the insight and assistance on what to do and how to perform this task.
  21. J

So I finally did the ball joint replacement and things went very well. The only question I have left is, when I took the ball joints to be greased they told me to get the explorer aligned. Do I need to get my explorer aligned after doing this?
  22. J

I will give it a try. Its been a downpour the past few days so havent had a dry moment to test...
  23. J

Someone told me that the oil that is in the mix, might lube it up well enough to get the compressor spinning again. So I thought I would give it a shot.
  24. J

Alright, so a buddy of mine is a mechanic and is going to help me change out my air compressor on my 1996 Explorer (this will be the 2nd summer with no AC and I can't take it!). I tried to just add some Sub-Zero to it last night, but the PSI on the low side was testing as it should so that...
  25. J

Union Point.
Back