Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Body roll problem solved

Ah, EE is aftermarket. I didn't know what that was. I'm looking for another big stock one that I can get at the PnP. I've got a lot of different options in my head but haven't figured out what to do yet. Thanks Aaron
  2. A

Body roll problem solved

What model and year is that rear bar from?
  3. A

Body roll problem solved

Capone, it is a huge relief. :)
  4. A

Body roll problem solved

Yes CDW, this current setup is def not quick release. If you need it to be, you can add these clips, some quick pins and some straps or clips to hold the bar out of the way. You would also have to use the links that have the round tube connection on both ends, like stock.
  5. A

Body roll problem solved

Hey Capone. Yes, my problem was the same as yours. It was similar to me standing on the nerf bars and bouncing up and down. This would happen to me at about 55+ mph and in windy areas. This heavier sway bar fixed it and didn't make it too stiff.
  6. A

Body roll problem solved

I got it figured out. First things first tho: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. I was still battling the sway and finally have it wooped. Here is the final product and it works great. I bought a front sway bar off of a 03 Explorer from the pnp. This bar is huge compared to the wimpy bar the the 93...
  7. A

Soft brake pedal - ABS bleed

Put the heat tip near the sensor and pull the trigger? Would a zerk need to be open?
  8. A

Hey FR. That's an interesting idea. I'll keep it in mind if I don't get the tools. Thanks
  9. A

Thanks Massacre. If you find them, let me know.
  10. A

Thanks Rhett. I will do some research on the proportioning valve and see if that is something I can do. I did find these tools on Ebay but they are pretty expensive. I have considered just buying them and then reselling them on here if they worked. I think the network on here is pretty good...
  11. A

4wd problem

There are a group of wires on the back of the transfer case. There is one pair and a black wire that go into it. When my rig does what yours is doing, I climb under there and wiggle these 3 wires. This has gotten me out of a few pinches. They are showing some cracks and someday I expect I...
  12. A

Camping/Living Mods for '95 Explorer

This is an old post but I'll chime in anyway. I spliced in a switch behind the headlight switch that let's me turn the dome lights off. It works great when working in the cab and also turns off the key buzzer. I call it the drive - in switch. Fyi, it's the green wire.
  13. A

Hey all. I have been battling what I consider inadequate brakes for years. I've replaced everything except the ABS. I came across this article today from a guy that had the same issue. How too bleed and ABS unit on a 1993 Explorer 4x4 HELP!! He says that a anti-lock break adapter...
  14. A

Electric cooling fan options?

I had a fan from a Lincoln Mark VII installed for a while. It worked great at first but once the junk yard fan motor went out, I'm couldn't find another 2 speed motor and kept overheating. Got tired of messing with it and went back to stock.
  15. A

Sport 2 door to 4 door conversion

Here's a very different truck that has what you are talking about. No details on how it was done tho. http://www.trucktrend.com/cool-trucks/0811tr-1948-chevy-pickup/
  16. A

My 91 Sport

Hey Rhett, ya I am wondering where to get the round headlights with the colored rings. I've seen them out there and they are way cool. I suspect I would have to do some new wiring too. Thanks
  17. A

My 91 Sport

Does anyone know? I'd like to find some with blue light rings. I want to try this conv'n with steel.
  18. A

You are absolutely correct. His door mod is almost as close to custom car show work and as far from remove a nd replace as possible. I'm glad you agree and appreciate my efforts. I'm pretty proud of them too. Anyway, we can battle if you want but I think we all come here for encouragement and...
  19. A

It's a good thing that Chip Foose and Ed Roth didn't listen to critics like these guys. Some of the coolest modified cars ever would have been quashed. As you said, the new FJ'S and Saturn's have them as well as the Ram 1500 I used to drive. Your idea could be pretty cool. I have no idea what...
  20. A

My 91 Sport

Where are the light's & wiring kit from? Do you have model numbers? I looked on LMC but everything seems to be vehicle specific. Thanks Aaron
  21. A

Aftermarket Headlights for first gen ex

If you are just looking to replace the stock ones... rockauto.com $29 ea.
  22. A

Body roll swaying death wobble!

Hi Accarguy. The Energy Suspensions kit for my '93 included 6 bushings for the sway bar / sway bar links (front and back), one per side for the TTB (not on your 98), one bushing per side for the radius arms (ditto) and 2 per side for the rear leaf springs. The IFAIK, all sway bars are...
  23. A

Body roll swaying death wobble!

Death Wobble fix I've had the Death Wobble on my '93 for a few years. I wouldn't believe all the posts that is was the bushings. I looked at everything else including tire pressure. (93's don't have the stabilizer shock). Finally after years of freaking my friends and my wife out, I...
  24. A

93 Explorer front brake upgrade - to do or not to do

hey jmdirk, thanks for the info on the booster. I'll do some more research on that. Aaron
Back