Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to troubleshoot '02 4x4 not engaging?

4 x 4 stuck in 4-WD '02 Explorer V6, 4.0 I had to unplug the control module because it won't go into 2-WD-hell on drive pavement ! When I plug it into the control module it goes into 4-WD right away withoit me pushing/slecting 2-WD. I took it into a PRO Tranny repair shop and he said it...
  2. B

Rear Differential Noise??

If you find an expert, I'd like to know how to remove a stubborn bolt from the rear differential "damper assembly". The bolt that runs thru the rubber grommet. Dealer said bolt will rust onto(weld) to rubber?? Never experienced anything like it !
  3. B

rear differential removal

Having great difficulties removing the bolt that goes thru the rubber grommet of the "damper" on the rear differential housing. Dealer said very common for bolt to rust onto rubber !! Soaked in PB(power blaster) for 24 hours-still stubborn, unbelieveably stubborn-never seen anything like this...
  4. B

Replacing rear diff in 2002 explorer

damper assembly I am having one heck of a time loosening the bolt on the damper assembly on the rear differential of my 2002 explorer. The guy at the dealership said metal bolts fuse on the rubber grommets it goes thru-any suggestions? Already soaked it ith PB for 24 hours.
Back