Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Repair/Upgrade/Sell Advise

mjbach - thanks for the tip and offer but this is my daily commuter so I cannot absorb variable down time. As for the Porsche mechanic, I was originally being a bit sarcastic, but after checking a bit further, go figure, their rates may be cheaper or comparable to the local Ford...
  2. U

Yet another Explorer recall

Interesting thread. I have a 97' and have recently started to experience the symptoms described above. I took it ot the ford dealership and they told me the stabilizer bar links were cracked....they didn't offer to replace these for free, I guess I should go see if I can determine when the...
  3. U

I guess I should be thankful I have not had to go to a mechanic for quite a while, just called a local "broad spectrum" independent that wanted $90 an hr...sheez, I sure made the wrong career choice :-)
  4. U

dang and I figured if you buy one of the most popular vehicles around finding good service would not be an big issue :( ...at this point maybe I could go to my Porsche mechanic?
  5. U

so, how do you find a good independent?
  6. U

So, any tips on who in the minneapolis area can fix my vehicle and maybe even encourage me to "upsize it" (reasonably speaking)?
  7. U

Hi! I have a 97 Explorer XLT (4x4) with I believe the 4.0 6 cyl setup and 51,000 miles on it. The vehicle was purchased with a lot of nice features and I have been generally pleased with it. Last week I noticed that when on the highway doing 60-70 if I hit pavement alterations or...
Back