Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Who's MFT resets the ambient lighting by itself?

What is the latest version number? Last one seems to be from 2013.
  2. S

trailer towing mirrors.

You would think someone would have made one but I guess we as a group do not tow enough.
  3. S

trailer towing mirrors.

You are right of course, something is better than nothing, I appreciate the heads up. Thank you Peter.
  4. S

trailer towing mirrors.

I also saw those. If you read my first post you will see that I wanted a custom slip on like the Longview or Cipa.
  5. S

trailer towing mirrors.

First thing I tried. When I entered my model year nothing was found.
  6. S

trailer towing mirrors.

I have been searching high and low for a custom slip on towing mirror like Longview or Cipa makes for almost every vehicle save ours. I need a slip on because I will be removing it often. Anyone see one out there?
  7. S

Brake caliper seized

Well it turns out that Ford changed both rear calipers under warranty. The interesting thing is that it was upgraded to a new part number, that I do not have at this time. The other interesting thing is that another customer had the same problem on his explorer the day before me and was...
  8. S

Unbeliveable dealer response

So my rear driver side caliper seized at 30,000 KM and I brought it to the dealer. I got lucky because Ford replaced both for a new model under warranty, apparently there is some issue with the old one. I asked the new dealer I went to about the pillar trim and it was also replaced under...
  9. S

Ford refuses to honor warranty

Despite the Ford apologists nearly accusing me of fraud, the fact of the matter is that this is a known issue and Ford finally honored the warranty. It's unfortunate that I had to drive around with the missing part for so many months but in the end, it's done. Check my other poston the...
  10. S

Brake caliper seized

Mine just failed but didn't seize. I was on my way to Ohio from Montreal. I will bring it in and see what they say. It is ridiculous to think that brakes need special servicing to survive in Canada. I have had many cars and never had any kind of issue other than replacing pads and rotors...
  11. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Check my thread, you are not alone. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398338
  12. S

Oh look, it's happened again: The conspiracy runs deeper than I thought....
  13. S

Why is his case different from mine? Why didn't you help me?
  14. S

I really wish you had read the thread from the beginning, Ford categorically said no. I bought a Ford for the first time in 30 years. I did my research and saw people had problems but Ford seemed to make good on the most part, even in THE EXACT SAME CASE as mine.
  15. S

I am starting a new topic for the same issue because posting under the old one casts a negative light on a dealer who apologized and did everything he could to help. The old thread cane found here, please read it for the full history. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396282...
  16. S

I was trying not to be harsh but that is exactly what I thought. I paid close to 40K for this vehicle and have been driving around with the trim missing on a vehicle I just got. How would you feel? Thanks for the support blwnsmoke, I appreciate it.
  17. S

Seat is cracking

I am also having problems with the front leather seats degrading rapidly. They look very bad, no holes or tears, just like bad plastic. Ford claims these are leather but has anyone seen them come apart? Are they bicast (leather veneer) or full leather?
  18. S

Better Business Bureau complaint just filed.
  19. S

Despite my initial run in, the dealer did a 180 and was extremely nice and worked very hard to help me. Unfortunately Ford gave me the official too bad so sad, case closed so I am headed to small claims court. It's not worth the effort but someone needs to hold them accountable for their...
  20. S

The dealer was amazing and did everything he could to help me. I Spoke to Maria already, essentially told me too bad so sad, case closed. I am not going to contact a lawyer, I am going to small claims court to file a complaint and contacting the better business bureau as well.
  21. S

I am suing Ford After waiting 5 weeks to get this issue resolved, it was finally time for my appointment. The service manager who was initially problematic was incredibly nice (he even confirmed the parts were OEM and original to the vehicle) and did everything he could to help but Ford...
  22. S

It's already being taken care of in thread "unbelievable dealer response" thread.
  23. S

I have a 2013 as well and my dealer refused to replace it when it blew into a river while crossing a bridge.
  24. S

Thanks for the help. I contacted Crystal but it wasn't her department so she referred me to Bianca. I will keep you posted on the outcome.
Back